Worst internet offer ever

Robert

In Australia, almost all phone lines and cables are owned by Telstra. ISP's can piggyback on these lines anywhere in the country and offer their own (hopefully cheaper) service. Here's NOT how to do it...

Arrived in my letter box today, "Virgin Broadband is now available at your place - free".

I thought, better see what FREE means... it might be better than Telstra.

"Pay only $60 / month over 24 months you'll get

(basically unlimited phone calls) and line rental included"

That is pretty good, if you're the type that like to talk on a landline all day.

But, I rarely use the phone at all. So, that isn't much use to me.

"Plus Free Broadband"

- 2GB of downloads and no excess usage charges

- Modem included

Now comes the issues...

- It's actually a phone plan

- You pay by Direct Debit only

- If you exceed 2GB, speed is limited to 64k. Additional speed limiting applies.

- Service could be cancelled if you download continuously.

- Peer to peer is limited to 32kb (about 3KB/sec), in other words, useless

- And, nowhere do they state the normal broadband speeds

So, I mean, what kind of a joke is this? For half the cost, a European can get megabyte speeds AND cable tv AND a phone - without the pathetic restrictions. Sheesh.

Someone needs to punch Virgin broadband in the face an then make a formal complain against them for misguiding consumers.

Unless they had your summary somewhere in there in fine print.

Lol they spam the word "Free" and make sure to add a bunch of parenthesis around the sentences with minor details such as.

1.When you sign this contract your soul is ours for 2 years.

2.Customer service isn't a requirment, it's a feature, and we can take away features or make them as impossible to use as possible.

3.You will automaticicly be put on the "Stupid" list, in this list we constantly add "Stupid" people who are gullable and will continue to feed to our greed until death.

4.If D!ck sucking needed,D!ck sucking commences.

5.For every dollar you think you save by signing this contract you end actually wasting five more.

Virgin used to be good for phone line broadband in the UK (emphasis on the past tense). Ever since they enlarged by buying out a few cable broadband telecom co.'s though, they've turned to crap.

I can only recommend everyone to stay well clear of Virgin, quite apart from the deceptive all inclusive rip-off deals.

All my services come from my cable company, and while I still believe everyone but Europeans are getting the shaft.......I'm not getting a bad deal, for over here.

Basic Digital Cable (I rarely watch TV as it is, paying for anything but basic or even HD is STUPID)

Home Phone (What can I say? It's a phone, something else I rarely use)

Cell Phone (5 numbers anywhere in Canada I can call unlimited, 100 daytime/1000 evening+weekend minutes. Phone came free with plan.)

High Speed Internet (8mbit/1mbit I believe.......might be 10 now. 60GB a month cap, I never hit this)

I pay $130 a month for all of this.

• 7 months later...

heh. sounds like a scam. by the way look at the scam spam i got at 6:40 in the morning today! my email sent it automaticly to the spam folder, my first hint that it was spam. also, the address is incorrect. the phone number is probably too but i will check it next time i get to a payphone cuz i dont want those bastards calling my house. also, the guy signed of at the end saying: MR WILLIAM E.A. wtf does that mean? the email adress is zoe_frank. also, the email adress is non-commercial (yahoo) and its a hong kong address. the mailing adress is f*king japan. also the bad grammar is a clue (eg. "united state dollars", "adviced", etc.). i also say some pretty weird language. just look at the first line of the message. "just concluded"!?? oh come on. like any1s gonna believe these chinese bastards are legitimate. this is actually my very first scam email (i cal it scam spam). my dad gets over 50 emails a day and most are spam and scams like these. he'll laugh his head off when i show him!! i should get into some one elses email or make a new email i will never use and say to them "f*ck you chinese bastards for sending me bloody spam! im reporting you to the UN!" or something. by the way i blocked my email address with asterisks (the star thingys lthat look like this: * ).

lol. i just got a great idea. im gonna fill in information but the address will be my school and for sex im gonna put n/a like its a he/she/it. and for occupation im gonna say prostitute/drug dealer/principal. and for the phone number i will put the local police department! haha those bastards deserve it.

To: <************@gmail.com>

Subject: PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD -[Fri, 1 May 2009 21:49:46 +0000]

Date: Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:58 AM

THE TOYOTA MOTORS COMPANY

PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD

DEPT TOYOTA AVENUE

65 EXCHANGE ROAD,ORTIGAS BUILDING

TOKYO,JAPAN.

TOYOTA COMPANY OFFICIAL PRIZE NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded annual final draws held on the 28th February 2009 by Toyota Motor Company in conjunction with the Japan International Lottery Worldwide Promotion, your email was among the 20 Lucky winners who won $500,000.00(Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars) each on the Toyota Company Promotion dated as stated above.This is from the total price of $10 million United State Dollars shared among the 20 lucky winners.you are therefore approved for a lump payment of $500,000.00(Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars)

However the results were released on the 8th March 2009 and your email attached to ticket number (7PWYZ2006) and ballot number (BT:12052006/20). The online draws was conducted by a random selection of email addresses from an exclusive list of 29,031 E-mail addresses of individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from the internet. However, no tickets were sold but all email addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for representation and privacy.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection machine (TOPAZ) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world.

This Lottery is approved by the Japanese Gaming Board and also Licensed by the The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).This lottery is the 3rd of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public.

As indicated by the computerized selection machine,your lucky winning number falls within our Asia booklet representative office in THE PEOPLE REPUBLIC OF CHINA as showed in the coupon.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize..

This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program.

In other to claim your $500,000.00 prize winning,which has been deposited in a designated bank.

However,you will have to fill the form below and send it to the promotion manager of THE TOYOTA MOTOR COMPANY for verification and then you will be directed to the bank where a cheque of $500,000.00 has already been deposited in your favour.

NAME:.....................................

SEX:.........................................

ADDRESS:(RESIDENT ADDRESSONLY)...............................

EMAIL:......................................

PHONE:...................................

AMOUNT WON........................

Please you are adviced to complete the form and send it immediately to our Promotion manager through email for prompt collection of your fund

(CONTACT PROMOTION MANAGER)

Name: DR FRANK ZOE

E MAIL: zoe_frank@yahoo.com.hk

PHONE: +86 134 8082 5613

You are to keep all the lotto information away from the general public

especially your ticket number and ballot number.(this is important as a case of double claiming will not be entertained)

*Staff of Toyota Motor Company and the Japanese International Lottery Company are not to partake in this Lottery.

Accept my hearty congratulations once again!

Yours faithfully,

MR WILLIAM E.A

(VICE PRESIDENT FINANCE)

[hoozftfl1ug]

Edited by endoplasmic reticulum