Hurricane Gustav

Gryph

So another storm is about to hit the great state of Louisiana. This time it's actually headed straight for the town I grew up in so I'm expecting that place to be demolished. Luckily my family and I have moved out of there but I've got a lot of friends and people I know who are going to be severely affected. I'm just going to get a crap load of rain and some wind but most of the storm will dissipate by the time it gets to me.

Track it here: http://www.stormpulse.com/tropical-storm-gustav-2008

Saw pictures of the damage in Jamaica etc, but they were saying it has weakened a lot since then. But maybe the heat from the Gulf might liven it up again, who knows.

Also saw pictures of heaps of people evacuating New Orleans, so I guessed you might be affected.

Hopefully you'll come out of it alright.

Apparently FEMA is claiming to be on top of this time around so aid will be available to those really in need.

So they are going to loose supplies before hand now?

My family lives on the gulf coast and so my grandmother hosts 15 people in her 2 bedroom house for the duration of the storms...and she complains of going through too many bags of peas...

It wasn't as big of a storm as people thought.

HOWEVER, the town where I grew up got hit pretty hard. Apparently the Taco Bell which is about 1/10th of a mile at most from my old home got totally destroyed. Thankfully we moved out of there this past winter.

The night it "hit" us we were expecting flooding so some people in my class spent the night as school so they wouldn't miss the test. I thought about doing that but I stayed up most of the night anyway so I kept an eye out if it would start to flood. All we got was some regular rain and some decent wind. This tree next to my window kept smacking it and it annoyed the crap out of me.