++++ CoinOPS Second Quarter ++++

BritneysPAIRS

im using coinops+ all my neogeo games buttons are mapped fine

a= light punch

b=light kick

x=hard punch

y=hard kick in kof games.

havent test last blade or samsho yet cause im working on h-k on spreadsheet i havent edited any keymapping for any games im using the default that comes with coinOPS-coinOPS+ did you try deleting your cfg file fumanchu.

anyone else confirm this working? are those the defualt key brit?

are you using the version of coinops that was available with the torrents download with all the roms by any chance?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

strange,looks like a clean install is needed then,funny thing about it is ive never touched any of the settings.only thing i have done recently is change my default dashboard.

im going to install it just now.

i found out what the problem was and that is my cfg files were corrupt,i downloaded coinops+ again and compared the 2 cfg files and lets just say my original file was way off.

so 1 clean install later and everything is buzzing all the buttons are working as they should be but the strongest sword attack in the samurai showdown games is still missing,you get a weaker move instead of the strongest sword attack.the kof games,fatal fury and snk vs capcom games are fine.so i will delete my comments on the other games in the spreadsheet but will leave the ones for samurai showdown.

I just tested samsho III and samsho 5 both are working correctly.

remember in samsho 5 they did away with 3 sword attack there are 2 attack a kick and a mini jump button. samsho 3 and samsho 5 have different button mappings

in samsho 3 my buttons work correctly

a = light atack

b = medium attack

x = hard attack

y = kick

samsho 5

a = light attack

b = hard attack

x = slide attack or kick

y = mini jump

i uploaded the cfg files in a previous post they are default that came with coinOPS+

just tested samsho 4 controls are the same as samsho 3 all buttons working fine with 3 attacks and a kick

addtional i tested crouching tiger hidden dragon all buttons work correctly

a = light punch

b = light kick

x = hard punch

y = hard kick

im gonna test lastblade series as well but im guessing the buttons are fine

Edited by mtsaint

go and try the same roms on fba and when you start say sam sho5 press the white button on your controller and you will se a more swift and powerful sword attack unless you have it mapped to the back triggers.

most of these fighting actually use 6 buttons like the kof games and sam sho games.

edit/my cfg file is fine as i have all 4 buttons now working for these games.

kof and samsho both only have 4 button all neogeo games only have buttons when u press strong attack and weak attack together in samsho 5 im pretty sure its the same as the stronger attack mapped to the white button in fba

kof has weak punch strong punch weak kick strong kick the 5th and 6th buttons are two buttons pressed at same time like weak punch+strong punch or weak punch +weak kick.

Edited by mtsaint

his cfg files were corrupted somehow good thing you didnt start working on rempping issues all the neogeo games are mapped fine

and as far as i know there a no neogeo games with 6 buttons thats cps2 games -- if there are 6 buttons neogeo games ive never seen one

also in games like ikari warriors and xybots i see no reason to map the 3d directional controls to the second analog stick unless u swap directional controls to the analog and buttons one and two to the l+r triggers

BP your neogeo cfg files are perfect the way they are all buttons are mapped fine i hope u didnt remp a bunch of neogeo games...

Edited by mtsaint

but you can still map that strong attack for saurai showdown for the back right trigger as its easier pressing one button than trying to press 2 buttons together if you are trying to time an attack or string together some moves.