++++ CoinOPS Second Quarter ++++

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what mame version is coinOPS based on so i can use its source to test the patch v0.84b3?. The only problem i see is using a ppc based machine to compile for x86 architecture but ill give it a try.Looks good i like the option to launch as a megadrive or snes game.

i dont think ill have very much luck with this as coinops is modified from mamedox with custom drivers , unless i have the source to test and lets be fair here thats just not going to happen anytime soon. its BP's baby.

another thing does the current incarnation of coinOPS support windows or samba sharing?

Edited by mtsaint

I was about to ask the same question, I'm interested in giving MAME a go on my Xbox again.

From what I've gathered with running a MAME box (PC) in my arcade cab, 0.87 is where the buck stops for good performance. 0.88 and on, the core is just too damn slow.

What MAME version IS this utilizing?

mtsaint what do you want to do with the source? I can supply the stuff you want I would say. This build is coming to an end features wise. I will be tiding a few things this week.... then it needs the spreadsheet completed and I can look into new games and getting sound working in midway games

it seems you already have save states implemented if thats not the case here pm me your info

and ill try to patch the source with save/load states. also bp i will glady test for commandline and samba

compatibility and or help with the spreadsheet just let me know what you need.

A few Simple2x observations...

I noticed that when using Simple2x, it seems that some games after 1982 begin to slow down, with the slowdown becoming more widespread in 1987.

In order to get Simple2x to work with older games, while keeping it off for newer ones, we could use 1982 as a cutoff point. The downside to this would be that many newer games that can run Simple2x at full speed would be missed since slowdown doesn't become significant until 1987+.

Sure, it would work, but it would be a hokey solution because some games would benefit from it, while others would not.

Another option would be to test every game and just apply Simple2x to all those that can use it, but wouldn't it be much easier and faster just to program the GUI to remember the Simple2x setting for each game individually? Or would this require a whole rewrite?

Added in a switch for "Filter for games earler than 198x" eg 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 and DISABLE hope thats better than whats there now

Might make it Use Filter for games earlier than 1980 1982 1984 1986 1988 Disable or just 1982 and Disable :P not sure yet

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, have just had to wipe my drive in my xbox and am in the process of getting everything up and running again. In the process of looking into emulators and whats the latest I read about coinops. I have searched high and low for it and no one is seeding nor could I find it in irc.

If someone could kindly point me in the right direction?