cyvern

donpachi

dodonpachi

esp rade

guwange

dangun feveron

the strikers series

vasara 1,2

id still like to see the option of game rotation left in the options as i dont really see how not leaving it in the options menu is a problem.

edit/maybe people dont want these game to be automatically rotated,maybe best just to diregard this list as there is a lot more people than just me who play these games might like them left as is.not everyone knows how to keymap in mame for xbox so i will leave it to bp to see what he thinks.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No No,

Leave the screen rotation options as they were! If its too hard to center a horizontal game on a vertical screen then don't worry about it I don't really need that.

I am worried about changing the button combination used to exit a game. I built my own control panel and theres no way for me to set up the dual thumbstick combination. I can imagine that if anyone else has used an ultimarc board for their arcade then they'll have the same objection. Back and start works great for me, or even just the right thumbclick like xports emus.

Your options menu is fine as it is. I say work on getting more games playable with sound because thats what everybody wants. Over simplification of options makes me feel like I have no say in how I set up my machine. The more options the better with maybe a default switch to fix it if things go terribly wrong!

As always, you rock BP. Can't wait to spend some quality time with the next release.

Red

there is a switch to change the get out of games.... by default it is BACK+START when switched it will change to another combo yet to be finalised as some say newbes where hitting both by accident when playing on cabnets and inserting credits and trying to start the game at the same time.

I have looked into screen rotation and its very bad. some stuff is rotated and some stuff isnt, when rotated on a normal TV I would also rotate the keymap 90degrees but for some people they just want to rotate the screen (this could still be done by altering the ini as no features will be lost they will just be used via ini like samba etc and more rom folders as GUI options for 1 person is silly that hassels 100s. If you want really unique options the ini has 100s of them. Extra games is rubbish there are so many classic games that didnt work but cause they booted people think they are OK people just mention new games when the ones they have dont work. There are quite a few not listed that ive fixed and testing people but alais they failed to find obvious errors with classic games but want new ones in.

My thoughts is to cut all options that arnt right and to add them in properly. EG for cabs I want to have a setting to change it into cab mode in one click, this will be a remap of keys maybe screenrotation for vert cabs and OSD changed. All I need is the keymaps done by someone and the feature to quickly change the keymap to use less keys as cabs normal do is allready coded. I could make a

- Run in TV mode

- Run in Vertical TV mode

- Run in Cabnet mode

- Run in Vertical Cabnet mode

basically what I showed the screenshot is all the features stripped now I want to add back some of them but better thought out as they are very basic and stupid at present and cheap hacks. I would rather make it so it suited the purpose of the user. EG sound on/off is gone now it is automatic and people didnt want it done but now they dont complain.

So I need ideas into

- cabnet stuff?

- screen rotation and best way to make it work with one option (smarter than it is now)

- what keys for the option for an alternative to START+BACK to exit a game, by deafult this option will be Press START+BACK to exit game

I want suggestions to Press xxxxx+xxxxxx to exit game.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

yip this version will be docummented on stuff people dont know about. I want a user friendly GUI if people really want to do wierd stuff like they are running a sideways TV or there roms are in multiple folders they can edit the ini no worries. As I say there is alot more that people dont know hidden in here I will try and document how to do stuff. What switchs do people want in the rom status at the moment there is

;; Rom Status 2 is TURN OFF SOUND WHEN RUNNING THE GAME

;; Rom Status 4 is ALL TIME CLASSIC

;; Rom Status 5 is HOT GAME

;; Rom Status 6 is RUN AS SNES GAME

;; Rom Status 7 is RUN AS MEGADRIVE GAME

could add rotate 90 degrees or run with some filter on this game

<Rom name="mk" version="?">

<Status></Status>

<StatusNumber>2</StatusNumber>

</Rom>

this then runs Mortal Kombat with no sound