++++ CoinOPS Second Quarter ++++

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No complains here, you just filled my hopes with the autofire,

Just an "is it possible?question" I discovered lately that my favourite arcade racing game AKA Buggy boy (Upright) was perfectly emulated (thank to Philip Bennett), dunno if the driver can be ported over the old mame core.

But it sounds like the holy grail for me.. nothing to do with the lame computers conversions.

cpu :

2 X 8086 5 Mhz

1 X Z80

sound :

2 X YM2149 1.8Lhz

* 0.124u1: Hugh Allen replaced anonymous timer in TX1 driver with an allocated one to make state saving closer to reality.

* 0.122u2: Philip Bennett reversed buggyboy/buggybjr 'Game Time' settings.

* 0.122u1: Philip Bennett fixed Buggy Boy Junior - Game now playable. Changed description from 'Buggy Boy (Single Monitor)' to 'Buggy Boy Junior/Speed Buggy (Upright)'. Renamed (buggyb1) to (buggybjr). Fixed input and rom loading. Changed visible area to 256x240 and VSync to 54.100000 Hz. Replaced the 2x AY-3-8910A sound with 2x YM2149 and Custom.

* 0.106u10: David Haywood added multiscreen support (3x 256x256) to clone Buggy Boy.

* 0.104u7: Added prom ($1b00 - Road video timing?).

Edited by Garcimak

when buggy boy was in the arcades was there a 3 screen version of it?

dont know why,but im sure i seen a version with 3 screens before.maybe im wrong could someone clarify this please.

edit/by the way the definitive and best port of buggy boy was on the commodore 64 believe it or not.till this day a lot of reviewers still say that.you should try it on vice-64.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7E9DtUlwfaM

its still pretty good to this day.

when buggy boy was in the arcades was there a 3 screen version of it?

dont know why,but im sure i seen a version with 3 screens before.maybe im wrong could someone clarify this please.

You're right man, there was a 3 monitors version, nice sitdown cabinet, a truly forgotten gem pretty impressive back in 1986 ! Not yet emulated.

Amiga/Atari ST - Amstrad cpc versions were decents ports including all the original circuits and secrets well reproduced but they really lack of driving physics, in the arcade, you have to be careful when steering while braking and all the tricky stuff to finish the races, all that feeling was removed, you had to compete with rivals buggys too. All that makes the original arcade essential for me.

Anyway, i'll try the C64 port, the spectrum version looks good too.

Edited by Garcimak

Can do that.... do you have a general rule I could use

eg before 1982 ? or would it have to be an xml?

Hi, my name is Carla. I´m new here and have some dudes with mamedox platinum 2. I can´t save state. I read the txt and followed the instructions. I changed Tdata and Udata in e: (xbox partition), i put platinum in my hard disk and all roms work perfectly, but i can´t save state.

Could someoene, please, explain me what to do, step by step, with easy and simple words, from the beginning?? In the torrent, i had 2 isos (Platinum 2 and save 2), a txt and a platinum.sfv archive.

Wich is the correct way??

Thanks a lot!!

Cleaned up the OSD and Cheat OSD..... Cleaned up some other manufactures into there place..... Added 480p / 480i switching.

Another layer of gloss onto the skin engine and naming of catageries....

Cleaned up alot of the Preview screenshots.

Thinking of removing saves etc if there are getting in the way as I dont support them.