++++ CoinOPS Second Quarter ++++

BritneysPAIRS

2nd.jpg

Requesting any help apply

CoinOPS2.jpg

All excepted and rejected suggestions will be pinned here over time

Please finish the testing for the new build - http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pNr...udEQ&hl=en#

OPTIONS EXCEPTED SO FAR

- New games added

- Junk Games Removed

- Get size to under 4.5G (STILL IN PROGRESS plus extra fullset installer later)

- X Sort by Name ( If "Extra Keys Change Sort Method" is Enabled )

- Y Sort by Type ( If "Extra Keys Change Sort Method" is Enabled )

- B Sort by Manufacturer ( If "Extra Keys Change Sort Method" is Enabled )

- Fixed all issues from spreadsheet (STILL IN PROGRESS)

- SMB Fixed and all files compliant

- Rego over all screenshot and cat to improve the quality

- Added 480P Switch

- Redone OSDs

- Simplified Settings

OPTIONS REJECTED SO FAR

- 720p causes alot of issues with larger games and would require a new vmm.txt and also alot of games dont work. With very little reward

OPTIONS I WILL WORK ON TRYING TO GET IN

- Get Commandline launching working properly and docummented.

- Get SMB fully documented.

- Look at New games to add.

- Look at the best way to handle a new autofire option

- Look at the best way to handle 2 player game switching

- Fix speed in double dragon 1 and 2

- Add sound to Midway games

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont really have any suggestions for features as i like the features in coinops.the only thing that i would like to see is the raiden fighters series and viper phase1(run on the same hardware) emulated on xbox,how much times have i said that. :|

All the things listed on the refined thread: - Cut down the games list for stuff that wont be played eg crazy kong, 5 diff versions of space invaders

- Size it to fit on one DVD

- Add a few more games

- Go though every game and check it not only runs but runs correctly and is controlled correctly and fix it if not both in source and keymapping.

- Get SMB working fully and documented.

- Change cheats menu around a bit.

- Add a few more shortcut to the sort methods to make things easier to find

- Look at 720P support

seem like great goals to me. My personal holy grail is getting Midway games to run @ full speed with sound. NBA Jam is probably my all time favorite arcade memory, but it ain't the same without the annoying announcer.

Are you still needing people to work on the spreadsheet testing games? I've been keeping it steadily going, working backwards from Z on up.

Hollywood - Yes the spreadsheet is key (if you want I can supply you with a new build with all fixes in as a tester you will have constant access to new builds PM me). Sure ive added some other stuff to that list, that I have already done, 720p is bad as it effects the vmm alot and some games dont run at all that used. Quite a few games actually.

Kensho - I would like a little help with the cheat menu my logic is getting confused on how to close and open it on a diff key. And after this I will redo GUI for FBAxxx

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I've got a suggestion that I'm not sure I've seen before. I love the way that you can flip the screen around to any position you want for vertical screen games (for shooters and pacman). What I do is position a monitor vertically for oldschool stuff, but when I switch to a horizontal game it fills the screen and won't keep the correct aspect ratio. And before you ask, yes I do have the "keep correct aspect ratio" option on.

So, I guess what I'm asking for is a vertical letterbox setting so I can build another xbox cab that has a vertical monitor.

And anything you can do for sound in midway games would be miraculous!

Red

Can do that.... do you have a general rule I could use

eg before 1982 ? or would it have to be an xml?

Well Brit, unless we tested every rom to find out which games can handle Simple2x without slowdown, the best solution would be to save the setting for each game individually per the user's preference.

All the things listed on the refined thread: - Cut down the games list for stuff that wont be played eg crazy kong, 5 diff versions of space invaders

- Size it to fit on one DVD

- Add a few more games

- Go though every game and check it not only runs but runs correctly and is controlled correctly and fix it if not both in source and keymapping.

- Get SMB working fully and documented.

- Change cheats menu around a bit.

- Add a few more shortcut to the sort methods to make things easier to find

- Look at 720P support

seem like great goals to me. My personal holy grail is getting Midway games to run @ full speed with sound. NBA Jam is probably my all time favorite arcade memory, but it ain't the same without the annoying announcer.

Are you still needing people to work on the spreadsheet testing games? I've been keeping it steadily going, working backwards from Z on up.

Good ideas here, but if I were to pick one, I'd say that autofire is the big daddy of the bunch.