MGS4 Not Coming to the 360

Gouken

Wow, what a thread. Just read it from beginning to end. :|

A few points I'd like to leave in this thread ...

1) Internet flame wars go no where. If you think you can change someones beliefs and actions by a piece of text, you are surely mistaken. It takes more than you can imagine to change the root of a tree.

2) I'm definitely surprised by Drake's (aka AkihiroZi) inflammatory remarks. I'll agree that they were a bit uncalled for and maybe Gouken did instigate the negative response (perhaps unintentionally). Nevertheless, we all must be kind to each other here and remain in control of our emotions.

3) This is 1Emulation, not just any community, but one that has a family of active members that have known each other for a long time. We have mostly always treated each other with respect and we should lead by example to our new and returned members. We know better than that. And yes, we have class.

4) One word: Respect.

Ummmm No

I strongly disagree. If you compare us to any other forums that you may visit, you will find that 1Emulation is very limited when it comes to flame wars, etc. Sure, there have been the occasional religious/political disagreements, but nothing even comes close to what I have seen on other sites.

Either way, your 2 word response should at least have some background behind it, before you double post. :P

Actually, 1Emulation is considered DEAD if nobody is posting, and the only times this site sees large amounts of activity, is during these flame wars. 1Emu "Constructive Debates" are kept at a bare minimum.

Sure there are other websites that have worst scenarios, but in a community like this one where weve all been around each other for a long time, you'd think it'd be ok to say "I Like PS3 because of XYZ" or at least be able to Post News about the PS3. Look at what you guys had to do to Blacknight. JKKDARK isnt allowed in Spam because most of those threads turned into flame wars as well. An now that its "Toned down" a bit, site activity drops as well aside from Roberts news.

"Ummmm No" - Reasoning for keeping it so short; i believed the forums spoke for themselves unless everyone is blind.

So do you suggest these "flame wars" to run on until the flame goes out? Do you suggest that we should not intervene and let people eat each other for the sake of increasing forum activity?

The problem is that right now everyone desires entertainment on 1Emulation and they're not getting enough of it. It seems to me that you would rather watch people insult each other for the sake of your own intellectual well being. At the cost of what? We have lost members in the past due to disagreements. And sure we may just as well lose them if we need to de-staff or warn them. Sometimes we have to stop it before it gets out of control and even then you'd wish you never wasted your time in the first place. :)

I Dont see where i said i WANT these flame wars to continue, im just stating the fact that these flame wars are in fact the majority of the activity on 1Emu. And even if they arent the majority, theres just too much going on.

Well, it sounded like you were upset that we demodded BK and we banned JKKDark from spam. If that is the case, then most likely you did want those flame wars to continue, which would have never made those aforementioned responses to happen. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flame away inky :|

what are you trying to drag me into this one, I've left 2 pretty meh replies in this thread, it's an "I don't care" topic, I may be the only guy in the world who thinks MGS is crap, crap now, crap back in the day, just plain crap, convoluted and confusing don't make a good story, long ass cut scenes don't make a good story, sorry. as for the "oh my god the 360 breaks!" retort... do you get extra experience points for beating dead horses? no one denys the 360 has had hardware issues. but so did the ps2. and just to clarify I am still on my first second shipment 360.

This thread is dumb.

But Skythe, what do you oh so mean by your message?

I'm glad you asked Skythe. You see, this here is what's called a pissing match. Each side is trying to one up the other side with miniscule facts with no or little proof. And upon stating these said facts that he/she believe they've won the day. And let's not forget that there's always one or more people that claim that they in one way or another know the physical answer cuz they proclaimed they've physically dealt with whatever system they are defending. So this and any other thread like this is a spawn of the demon of stupidity. No one on either side do not realize that a real person on this planet does not give a fuk.

This thread is dumb.

I'm glad you asked Skythe. You see, this here is what's called a pissing match. Each side is trying to one up the other side with miniscule facts with no or little proof. And upon stating these said facts that he/she believe they've won the day. And let's not forget that there's always one or more people that claim that they in one way or another know the physical answer cuz they proclaimed they've physically dealt with whatever system they are defending. So this and any other thread like this is a spawn of the demon of stupidity. No one on either side do not realize that a real person on this planet does not give a fuk.

I see Skythe. My eyes are finally open. You are truly a sex god of common sense knowledge.

This thread is dumb.

You are awesome, be my friend.

This thread is dumb.

You are awesome, be my friend.

:P:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Friend? That's just a word that everyone believes has some form that has some value like an untradeable currency that is invisible to an atlas about a country's natural resources.

I got nothin.

Wow, what a thread. Just read it from beginning to end. :P

A few points I'd like to leave in this thread ...

1) Internet flame wars go no where. If you think you can change someones beliefs and actions by a piece of text, you are surely mistaken. It takes more than you can imagine to change the root of a tree.

2) I'm definitely surprised by Drake's (aka AkihiroZi) inflammatory remarks. I'll agree that they were a bit uncalled for and maybe Gouken did instigate the negative response (perhaps unintentionally). Nevertheless, we all must be kind to each other here and remain in control of our emotions.

3) This is 1Emulation, not just any community, but one that has a family of active members that have known each other for a long time. We have mostly always treated each other with respect and we should lead by example to our new and returned members. We know better than that. And yes, we have class.

4) One word: Respect.

Ummmm No

I strongly disagree. If you compare us to any other forums that you may visit, you will find that 1Emulation is very limited when it comes to flame wars, etc. Sure, there have been the occasional religious/political disagreements, but nothing even comes close to what I have seen on other sites.

Either way, your 2 word response should at least have some background behind it, before you double post. :rolleyes:

Actually, 1Emulation is considered DEAD if nobody is posting, and the only times this site sees large amounts of activity, is during these flame wars. 1Emu "Constructive Debates" are kept at a bare minimum.

Sure there are other websites that have worst scenarios, but in a community like this one where weve all been around each other for a long time, you'd think it'd be ok to say "I Like PS3 because of XYZ" or at least be able to Post News about the PS3. Look at what you guys had to do to Blacknight. JKKDARK isnt allowed in Spam because most of those threads turned into flame wars as well. An now that its "Toned down" a bit, site activity drops as well aside from Roberts news.

"Ummmm No" - Reasoning for keeping it so short; i believed the forums spoke for themselves unless everyone is blind.

So do you suggest these "flame wars" to run on until the flame goes out? Do you suggest that we should not intervene and let people eat each other for the sake of increasing forum activity?

The problem is that right now everyone desires entertainment on 1Emulation and they're not getting enough of it. It seems to me that you would rather watch people insult each other for the sake of your own intellectual well being. At the cost of what? We have lost members in the past due to disagreements. And sure we may just as well lose them if we need to de-staff or warn them. Sometimes we have to stop it before it gets out of control and even then you'd wish you never wasted your time in the first place. :)

I Dont see where i said i WANT these flame wars to continue, im just stating the fact that these flame wars are in fact the majority of the activity on 1Emu. And even if they arent the majority, theres just too much going on.

Well, it sounded like you were upset that we demodded BK and we banned JKKDark from spam. If that is the case, then most likely you did want those flame wars to continue, which would have never made those aforementioned responses to happen. :rolleyes:

No No NO, i could really care less about them, but i was just showing you how powerful these flame wars have gotten and those were two examples of "Casualties xD" caused by them

Oh, well I was thinking of the story of Halo. In terms of multi-player wouldn't 3 be better? Ionno, I tend to stick to Unreal and Quake for online FPS's. Do you use your WiFi on your PS3? I don't experience any drops in mine (my router is only 25 feet away though). I hate cords. If I can minimize the amount of cords I use, the happier I am.

What model is your PS2? I'll buy it off you if it's a SCPH-50000/50001. :P

Halo 3 MP is widely popular, but alot of people agree that the 2nd one is the best one to play. I'm an OG Q3 player too, but the community has died down a lot in the last 9 years. Don't mean it's still fun, but the buddies I used to play with on certain servers are long gone.

Yeah I hate cords too (but I've managed to put them all under the carpet. I don't use Wifi on my ps3, it isn't wired either anymore (due to unforseen circumstances concerning a PC monitor and my sister taking the HDTV as a monitor), also the PS3 is about 1 and 1/2 floors up nearly directly under my router. Either way, I still hate wifi for anything that requires a constant, stable connection; gaming mostly.

(all my PS2s are OG 30000x models, highly doubt any parts from there won't work with anything newer)