MGS4 Not Coming to the 360

Gouken

Wow, what a thread. Just read it from beginning to end. :|

A few points I'd like to leave in this thread ...

1) Internet flame wars go no where. If you think you can change someones beliefs and actions by a piece of text, you are surely mistaken. It takes more than you can imagine to change the root of a tree.

2) I'm definitely surprised by Drake's (aka AkihiroZi) inflammatory remarks. I'll agree that they were a bit uncalled for and maybe Gouken did instigate the negative response (perhaps unintentionally). Nevertheless, we all must be kind to each other here and remain in control of our emotions.

3) This is 1Emulation, not just any community, but one that has a family of active members that have known each other for a long time. We have mostly always treated each other with respect and we should lead by example to our new and returned members. We know better than that. And yes, we have class.

4) One word: Respect.

Ummmm No

I strongly disagree. If you compare us to any other forums that you may visit, you will find that 1Emulation is very limited when it comes to flame wars, etc. Sure, there have been the occasional religious/political disagreements, but nothing even comes close to what I have seen on other sites.

Either way, your 2 word response should at least have some background behind it, before you double post. :P

Actually, 1Emulation is considered DEAD if nobody is posting, and the only times this site sees large amounts of activity, is during these flame wars. 1Emu "Constructive Debates" are kept at a bare minimum.

Sure there are other websites that have worst scenarios, but in a community like this one where weve all been around each other for a long time, you'd think it'd be ok to say "I Like PS3 because of XYZ" or at least be able to Post News about the PS3. Look at what you guys had to do to Blacknight. JKKDARK isnt allowed in Spam because most of those threads turned into flame wars as well. An now that its "Toned down" a bit, site activity drops as well aside from Roberts news.

"Ummmm No" - Reasoning for keeping it so short; i believed the forums spoke for themselves unless everyone is blind.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Internet flame wars go no where. If you think you can change someones beliefs and actions by a piece of text, you are surely mistaken. It takes more than you can imagine to change the root of a tree.

2) I'm definitely surprised by Drake's (aka AkihiroZi) inflammatory remarks. I'll agree that they were a bit uncalled for and maybe Gouken did instigate the negative response (perhaps unintentionally). Nevertheless, we all must be kind to each other here and remain in control of our emotions.

3) This is 1Emulation, not just any community, but one that has a family of active members that have known each other for a long time. We have mostly always treated each other with respect and we should lead by example to our new and returned members. We know better than that. And yes, we have class.

Ummmm No

I strongly disagree. If you compare us to any other forums that you may visit, you will find that 1Emulation is very limited when it comes to flame wars, etc. Sure, there have been the occasional religious/political disagreements, but nothing even comes close to what I have seen on other sites.

Either way, your 2 word response should at least have some background behind it, before you double post. :P

Actually, 1Emulation is considered DEAD if nobody is posting, and the only times this site sees large amounts of activity, is during these flame wars. 1Emu "Constructive Debates" are kept at a bare minimum.

Sure there are other websites that have worst scenarios, but in a community like this one where weve all been around each other for a long time, you'd think it'd be ok to say "I Like PS3 because of XYZ" or at least be able to Post News about the PS3. Look at what you guys had to do to Blacknight. JKKDARK isnt allowed in Spam because most of those threads turned into flame wars as well. An now that its "Toned down" a bit, site activity drops as well aside from Roberts news.

"Ummmm No" - Reasoning for keeping it so short; i believed the forums spoke for themselves unless everyone is blind.

So do you suggest these "flame wars" to run on until the flame goes out? Do you suggest that we should not intervene and let people eat each other for the sake of increasing forum activity?

The problem is that right now everyone desires entertainment on 1Emulation and they're not getting enough of it. It seems to me that you would rather watch people insult each other for the sake of your own intellectual well being. At the cost of what? We have lost members in the past due to disagreements. And sure we may just as well lose them if we need to de-staff or warn them. Sometimes we have to stop it before it gets out of control and even then you'd wish you never wasted your time in the first place. :)

Ummmm No

So do you suggest these "flame wars" to run on until the flame goes out? Do you suggest that we should not intervene and let people eat each other for the sake of increasing forum activity?

The problem is that right now everyone desires entertainment on 1Emulation and they're not getting enough of it. It seems to me that you would rather watch people insult each other for the sake of your own intellectual well being. At the cost of what? We have lost members in the past due to disagreements. And sure we may just as well lose them if we need to de-staff or warn them. Sometimes we have to stop it before it gets out of control and even then you'd wish you never wasted your time in the first place. :)

I Dont see where i said i WANT these flame wars to continue, im just stating the fact that these flame wars are in fact the majority of the activity on 1Emu. And even if they arent the majority, theres just too much going on.

there is nothing wrong with people arguing, that crap is funny. If you don't like it, push back on your browser and read something else. The whole ps3 vs 360 is funny.

And this is the main reason the ps3 is way better than the 360.

little to no hardware failure. The xbox hardware sucks huge balls and you know it. all kinds of crap is happening to that system, there is always stupid fixes, like putting it in a towel to the point where it overheats, to fix some stupid error that MS should pay for. I know for a fact (reading the forums) that most of you are on your 2nd or 3rd xbox.

the only reason the xbox has more games, its because its cheaper to program for it. The ps3 architecture is new and intimidating, but as time goes by more and more developers will gain experience in it, and make the greatest games ever (that sadly won't be on the 360, unless they make it a 4 disc game)

MUahahaaflockingHA!

flame away inky :|

the ultimate fanboy post!

you know that the 360 hardware is a piece of crap, that is something that cannot be denied.

the older models were unreliable but with the release of the falcon last year and a newer update to the board there have been less reported rrods.

you know that the 360 hardware is a piece of crap, that is something that cannot be denied.

the older models were unreliable but with the release of the falcon last year and a newer update to the board there have been less reported rrods.

I used to work at a repair shop, and we were outsourced by M$ to fix 360's. It took my boss 4 months to finally say "I've had enough" and cancel fixing 360's. And yes, in that time I worked on a ton of them. I know what is wrong with the system and why I know it's unreliable.

I'll buy it when THEY (M$) redesign it, not before.

Edited by Gouken