MGS4 Not Coming to the 360

Gouken

There was never a second of doubt that GTA4 would be released for the 360 given that the financial rewards were always going to be greater from that release.

The point is that the thread is that MGS4 isn't coming to the 360. It's a clear 2 fingers up to 360 owners who are sensitive to this sort of thing. Personally I couldn't care less.

Next thread : Halo 4, it isn't coming to PS3!!

I'm all for at least trying MGS even though I was never really a fan of the cut-scene heavy set up. Celebrating the game for it's own merits is fine. Celebrating the fact that it isn't coming to 360 (or the Wii!), is pointless and inflammatory. Yes I know the story is true and Gouken had every right to post it, but he's intelligent enough to know that it would attract this exact response.

This is the PS3 section... I've been trying to tell everyone who has a problem with this, it's not the general section or the 360 section. I can promote Sony as much as I want in here. Why? Because it's the friggin PS3 section! I don't go to the any other section, and oh believe me I can, and demoralize everyone with bad news about their love consoles. I stick to Sony news. So what if this spilled over to the 360, I still didn't act like a jackass and post it in the 360 section. No, I posted it here so Sony fans and supporters could read it.

And as for Halo, I think ANY FPS fan who likes a decent FPS would agree with me that the first Halo was the only one worth owning. So no, you will never see me personally wanting Halo on the PS3. I understand IP's that tied to consoles. I know I will never see Fable, Halo, or Gears of War on the PS3. I'm fine with that, as are an enormous amount of PS3 owners. The PS3 costs just the right amount of money to seperate it from the boys, and yes, I make more then enough to afford a PS3 and games upon release. I wanted an adult looking console with media features as opposed to just playing games all the time. As I get older the length I put into a gaming session gets smaller and smaller. I'll be lucky if I play 2 hours a week these days.

Either way, the PS3 isn't going anywhere. Neither is the 360. So those who think the PS3 sucks just have to deal with it. You're gonna keep on thinking it sucks for the next 7-8 years while it continues to sell and become more common place.

Edited by Gouken

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price shouldnt be a problem as most Xbox 360 owners end up spending 400+ on extra stuff that you get on the PS3 already.

like what?

Price shouldnt be a problem as most Xbox 360 owners end up spending 400+ on extra stuff that you get on the PS3 already.

like what?

He's talking about everything the PS3 comes with out of the box (in the box). Most 360 owners don't buy everything... right away. I have yet to meet someone who wouldn't prefer wifi from the get-go, everything else is a "I can live without" response.

Actually, the first Halo isn't worth owning at all unless you own the CE edition on PC. The Halo to own is 2, not for the story, but for the MP as it has the best MP in the whole series.

I dislike wifi because it has a tendency to drop more then a wired connection. It's something I will not invest in until the technology it works 99% as good as a wired connection. From the speed, timing and stability.

The PS3 I got right now is mostly used for PS2 games because har har, my PS2 broke, again.

Actually, the first Halo isn't worth owning at all unless you own the CE edition on PC. The Halo to own is 2, not for the story, but for the MP as it has the best MP in the whole series.

I dislike wifi because it has a tendency to drop more then a wired connection. It's something I will not invest in until the technology it works 99% as good as a wired connection. From the speed, timing and stability.

The PS3 I got right now is mostly used for PS2 games because har har, my PS2 broke, again.

Oh, well I was thinking of the story of Halo. In terms of multi-player wouldn't 3 be better? Ionno, I tend to stick to Unreal and Quake for online FPS's. Do you use your WiFi on your PS3? I don't experience any drops in mine (my router is only 25 feet away though). I hate cords. If I can minimize the amount of cords I use, the happier I am.

What model is your PS2? I'll buy it off you if it's a SCPH-50000/50001. :|

I can't really see the need for wifi on a console unless a wired connection isn't really an option.

I know some people don't have any problems with their wifi, yet I've had some bad experiences with it dealing with online games. If wifi came with the 360 that'd be great, but since a wired connection is preferred by most then i don't really see the need.

I also don't really care if MGS4 is being ported over or not. I want to play the game and all, so i'll just find someone with a ps3.

Wow, what a thread. Just read it from beginning to end. :|

A few points I'd like to leave in this thread ...

1) Internet flame wars go no where. If you think you can change someones beliefs and actions by a piece of text, you are surely mistaken. It takes more than you can imagine to change the root of a tree.

2) I'm definitely surprised by Drake's (aka AkihiroZi) inflammatory remarks. I'll agree that they were a bit uncalled for and maybe Gouken did instigate the negative response (perhaps unintentionally). Nevertheless, we all must be kind to each other here and remain in control of our emotions.

3) This is 1Emulation, not just any community, but one that has a family of active members that have known each other for a long time. We have mostly always treated each other with respect and we should lead by example to our new and returned members. We know better than that. And yes, we have class.

4) One word: Respect.

1) Internet flame wars go no where. If you think you can change someones beliefs and actions by a piece of text, you are surely mistaken. It takes more than you can imagine to change the root of a tree.

2) I'm definitely surprised by Drake's (aka AkihiroZi) inflammatory remarks. I'll agree that they were a bit uncalled for and maybe Gouken did instigate the negative response (perhaps unintentionally). Nevertheless, we all must be kind to each other here and remain in control of our emotions.

3) This is 1Emulation, not just any community, but one that has a family of active members that have known each other for a long time. We have mostly always treated each other with respect and we should lead by example to our new and returned members. We know better than that. And yes, we have class.

Ummmm No

I can't really see the need for wifi on a console unless a wired connection isn't really an option.

I know some people don't have any problems with their wifi, yet I've had some bad experiences with it dealing with online games. If wifi came with the 360 that'd be great, but since a wired connection is preferred by most then i don't really see the need.

I also don't really care if MGS4 is being ported over or not. I want to play the game and all, so i'll just find someone with a ps3.

For me, the PS3 has to use a wireless connection as routers seem to not like my connection very much. In order to play Xbox, i have to switch the wire from my computer to my Xbox.

350 + 100 = 450

Thats with the Wireless adapter

450 + 50 = 500

Thats Xbox Live if you decide to go for the year, comes out to more if you dont.

500 + 20 = 520

Play and charge kit

So it really Balances out according to price. Upgrading Hard drives will cost you more, and so will Xbox Live every year. So it comes out even more expensive.

But they did it in a way that by the time you realized that youve spent all that money, it wont matter because you didnt spend it all at one time.

Xbox Live is the Nail on the coffin tho

Ummmm No

I strongly disagree. If you compare us to any other forums that you may visit, you will find that 1Emulation is very limited when it comes to flame wars, etc. Sure, there have been the occasional religious/political disagreements, but nothing even comes close to what I have seen on other sites.

Either way, your 2 word response should at least have some background behind it, before you double post. :P