MGS4 Not Coming to the 360

Gouken

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's because I'm too used to MGS2 style gameplay. I wasn't particurly fond of MGS3's changes, but still a decent game, but I played it for the story. The story superseeds the gameplay for MGS for me. Hence why -Great storytelling_terrible game-.

Heck, I loved Ghost Babel JUST for the story and nothing more and everyone hates on it.

I love MGS, I've beaten them on Extreme but I can't shake the newer gameplay changes past MGS2.

(Also Big Boss mode = HATE HATE HATE, REMINDS ME OF PLAYING NINJA GAIDEN ALL OVER AGAIN)

You know, the sad truth is (and I don't say this as a fanboy, but rather as a retort to 360 fanboys), that if this game HAD come to the 360, the fans of that console would have bragged about that fact (even if they didn't like the game), just to be able to say that it's another game that came to the 360, and would say it's another reason that there was no point to getting a PS3. The fact that it didn't work out that way just pisses them off and makes them gripe at the fact that this game (and as many know, but may not admit) is a very hot game and it's a reason for alot of people to want a PS3. This is the general consensus as far as I can tell.

Teck don't start with me.

Well General_Plot it would be a good thing to brag about, and a good reason (had it come out) for not going for the PS3. If you knew a state generally disliked the gay community, and a gay man was running for Governor, wouldn't you brag that the dude your voting for likes the cats? It's not sad, it's human behavior. MGS4 is hot, Ps3 ain't, at max I only see around 5 good Ps3 hits ever getting the system on a role(and only 1 atm that is slowly loosing the power to do that). When you weigh that in with the price, it's just not attractive.

it still is just one game.

The same could have been said for Grand Theft Auto 4, for example. But as soon as it was announced that it was coming to the 360 as well, that fanclub jumped on the news as if it had made all the difference between whether or not getting a PS3 was worth it. While MGS4 is in fact only one game, all it takes is a few killer apps (games) to be exclusive to sway a market (take Halo for example).:|

Edited by General Plot

There was never a second of doubt that GTA4 would be released for the 360 given that the financial rewards were always going to be greater from that release.

The point is that the thread is that MGS4 isn't coming to the 360. It's a clear 2 fingers up to 360 owners who are sensitive to this sort of thing. Personally I couldn't care less.

Next thread : Halo 4, it isn't coming to PS3!!

I'm all for at least trying MGS even though I was never really a fan of the cut-scene heavy set up. Celebrating the game for it's own merits is fine. Celebrating the fact that it isn't coming to 360 (or the Wii!), is pointless and inflammatory. Yes I know the story is true and Gouken had every right to post it, but he's intelligent enough to know that it would attract this exact response.

I still think the "PS3 has no games" Argument is dumb.

The only reason the PS3 is on a down slope is because its online capabilities just isnt as fun and as easy as xbox live. I Have Call of Duty 4 on both systems and they are exactly identical, but the Xbox live makes me want to play the 360 version more often (Even tho there are better players on PSN)

360 only has a few BIG titles over PS3 as PS3 over 360. You have your Halos and gears and Fables, but then u got ur God of wars, uncharteds and Ratchet and clanks. It really does come down to Xbox Live vs PSN and if you have more friends that have said system.

I think that the PS3 will eventually, in a few years, become very big. The better hardware will eventually make a difference. But for the moment the Xbox triumphs, due to being easier to write games for, and the online facilities.

Sony just needs to drop the price of the PS3, to match the 360.

And no, I'm not a fanboy, I don't own either of the systems nor intend to.