What is a DCOM error?

SF2MJ

I was having trouble with my pc and i checked my error reports under computer management-system tools-system...and got alot of errors with a thing called DCOM.

Also errors with "schedule"

and "Tcip" and "Dhcp"

What are these and can they be fixed?

Because i was having trouble with starting programs earlier.I ran hijack this.It seemed to fix everything.Then i shut down my pc.I started it again.And got DCOM error come up on the desktop.And a message saying my pc will shut down in 30 seconds.

It then shut down and re-started again.And seems to be running ok for now.I have quickly backed up everything i had in C drive just in case something else happens.What could the problem be?...is it a virus?

Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) is a proprietary Microsoft technology for communication among software components distributed across networked computers.

could be a virus or Trojan causing the errors. its not something that would come up often on a standard home network.

Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) is a proprietary Microsoft technology for communication among software components distributed across networked computers.

could be a virus or Trojan causing the errors. its not something that would come up often on a standard home network.

Well i just updated my virus files....and scanned my pc with spyware doctor....it found 1 major viurs called...

Trojan-Spy.Zbot

Apparently it means somebody has hacked into my pc and started messing around with it.The thing that scares me is that it says it's used for gaining access to passwords such as online banking stuff.

I was able to remove it.

I just hope no major damage was done.

get these programs spybot search and destroy spyware blaster lavasoft adaware once you have those boot into safe mode without networking run all these even your anitvirus it will probably take and afternoon to run through all these proggies but trust zbot is a royal biatch you do not want. if you have backed up your files and you still cant get of zbot reformat your harddrive and scan your backup for viruses if your backup is clean just re upload it.

oh and stop surfing for pron, use firefox with adblock and noscript plugins immunize your system with spybot and in my experience most viruses come from programs jacking internet explorer while surfing. after you do all this i know it a crap ton of stuff to do run hijack this again and see if your virus is gone. if you need a better guide go to driver heaven.org