Special Announcement: We're still alive in 2008!

Alpha

Is there enough milk for 1Emulation?

I was thinking about how the awards are going to be for 2008 and so far it seems like a pretty dry year. We haven't really had any spectacular threads or news stories.

I'm starting to blame myself for the lack of activity. Everyone is patiently waiting for their eyes to be replenished by new aesthetics for the site they love to visit. It seems that the hopes and expectations I have put forth for 1Emulation and the frequent failures to accomplish these goals have made people less willing to post and contribute to the sites activity.

I was looking at my last blog post in 2006 contemplating the future status of 1Emulation and really I didn't know what I was talking about. I can really picture 1Emulation still alive in 2012, 2020, 2030 (hopefully I'll still be alive), etc. All it takes is some continued juice injected in this place to keep the blood flowing. That's orange juice of course.

The Anniversary of 1Emulation?

So here it goes ..... 2 months late .... but what the hell .... Happy Anniversary 1Emulation! 6 years in the making. Oh and yes, I know we had a quick mention of this in spam last month, but count this as the official announcement. :blink:

To all those who said we would die after we were hacked, spam attacked, threatened, and after the removal of the rom request forum:

Here's to you ... no middle fingers, just the facts:

Birth of EmuForums (Later known as 1Emulation): June 12th, 2002

Birth of 1Emulation.com: March 17th, 2003

Today's Date: August 20th, 2008

Cheers to all! Let's keep this place alive. I can turn a key, but if the rest of the staff don't turn their keys, then 1Emulation will be here for a long time. :D

its crazy to think that we are 6 years old. here's to another 6!

this year has kinda been a slump but we can keep it going.

Great to see 1emu still alive and kicking. What with 6 years under our belt, we're gonna have our highs and lows. The slump will end soon. :blink: