360 controller for use with mame.

ive just been trying mame for the first time today on pc and got it working no problem,anyhoo is it true that you can use a wireless 360 controller on mame.if so does anyone know of any tuts on how to do this?

oh yeah and im using the newset version of mame,0.126 i think.

on the mame build I was using it was just like any other controller configured in the mame options. if your build doesn't work like that something like joy2key would work.

• 4 months later...
ive just been trying mame for the first time today on pc and got it working no problem,anyhoo is it true that you can use a wireless 360 controller on mame.if so does anyone know of any tuts on how to do this?

oh yeah and im using the newset version of mame,0.126 i think.

if your talking about the 360 for the pc then yes but don't waste your time with that controller the D-pad I feel is horrible hell I'm thinking about selling mine in fact

don't waste your time with that controller the D-pad I feel is horrible hell I'm thinking about selling mine in fact

I never realised just how bad the d-pad was until I tried using it for Mame. Given that 360 games use the sticks for the most part, I never really noticed before.

5 month old post revivals ftw!

• 5 weeks later...

way to dig up a 5 month old post! :thumbsup1:

hey you got to start some where right? plus no one seemed to answer til 5 months later! haha

Yes, you start with either your own thread or with a post in a current and alive topic - not by posting some ancient topic that hasn't seen any new replies in 5 years. Unless, of course you contribute something that adds considerable value to the ancient thread.

You didn't.