PS1 Emulator for the PS2! (with use of HD)

fumanchu

Its about time, It sucks being able to have ps2 games on hd loader but not being able to play ps1 games at all besides using the disk. I have its well done, I would like to have a collection of good ps1 games on my ps2 harddrive for when i'm having an old school moment.

Useless :/

I wouldnt really say useless because alot of people have modded and chipped ps2s that would love to be able to boot your ps1 games off the hd like they do with their ps2 games. I have 45 games on my ps2 with hdloader and would LOVE to actually be able to put ps1 games on my hd also. Granted i would probably only play a couple games ever couple months or so, it would be nice to have

Wow, this is a great idea, and hopefully it'll work well. Think about it, you're emulating the Playstation 1 on a system that is essentially also a Playstation 1.

If the coder(s) do it right, they can maybe emulate the system almost perfectly with the ability to use the HD. It could be the most efficient Playstation emulator on a console yet. :P

All this baby needs is some publicity to inspire the coder(s) a bit more.

Useless :/

I wouldnt really say useless because alot of people have modded and chipped ps2s that would love to be able to boot your ps1 games off the hd like they do with their ps2 games. I have 45 games on my ps2 with hdloader and would LOVE to actually be able to put ps1 games on my hd also. Granted i would probably only play a couple games ever couple months or so, it would be nice to have

Except that this emulator is only useful for a few people; namely those you happen to have a PS2 with a HDD.

No, I play my playstation games in ePSXe, real PSX is in my closet somewhere. ePSXe does a better job than the real thing.

PCSXBox runs almost nothing well that I like playing.

geussing your talking about some 3d games here,ive mostly got 2d shooters on my harddrive raidendx,gradius gaiden,rtype delta.........blahdeblah

anyway it seems to run 2d games fine but i havent tried anything 3d yet.then again i was never a fan of the 32bit era 3d style,far to grainy looking for my liking but there are some excellent 2d games available on the system.