7zip support?

Inky

do the PSP emulators support 7zip? all the goodsets I just got are 7zip format and I really don't feel like repacking all those roms.

I hate people who do little things to rom sets that make the entire rom set hard to deal with, and more importantly inconvenient for the downloader.

?

The use of 7-zip doesn't make it harder to deal with :D

Inconvenient for the downloader? Yes, it's such a pain to have to download much less bigger files with exactly the same content. All the Goodsets I have ever downloaded have been in 7-zip format, and better off for it.

The same thing went for most Xbox emulators, no 7zip support. I can't remember what I used at the time, but I was able to extract each rom to it's own folder and then repack each into a zip file, all automated.

if you can remember the program, I'd like it. right now they are just sitting on my hard drive, I don't have the time or energy to repack each one individually.

if you can remember the program, I'd like it. right now they are just sitting on my hard drive, I don't have the time or energy to repack each one individually.

I still can't remember what it was but I just realised it can be done with good old WinRAR. Put all the 7z files into a folder, select them all and extract them. Now move all the 7z files out of the way somewhere. Open WinRAR and navigate to the roms folder. Highlight all the files and right-click, then 'Add to Archive'. Change 'Archive Format' to zip in the General tab. Then click the 'File' tab and down near the bottom tick the 'Put each file to separate archive' box. It'll take some time obviously, depending on how many roms you are unpacking/packing but at least it's all automated!

Edit for minor details :D

Edited by gavin19

I hate people who do little things to rom sets that make the entire rom set hard to deal with, and more importantly inconvenient for the downloader.

?

The use of 7-zip doesn't make it harder to deal with :D

Inconvenient for the downloader? Yes, it's such a pain to have to download much less bigger files with exactly the same content. All the Goodsets I have ever downloaded have been in 7-zip format, and better off for it.

The same thing went for most Xbox emulators, no 7zip support. I can't remember what I used at the time, but I was able to extract each rom to it's own folder and then repack each into a zip file, all automated.

I said that because I have to extract each archive manually, and rom sets can range from hundreds to thousands.

Extracting thousands of archives one by one is inconvenient for the downloader.

I said that because I have to extract each archive manually, and rom sets can range from hundreds to thousands.

Why do you need to extract them manually? It can all be automated.

Why do you need to extract them manually? It can all be automated.

Because I wasn't aware that that was possible. :D

I still can't remember what it was but I just realised it can be done with good old WinRAR. Put all the 7z files into a folder, select them all and extract them. Now move all the 7z files out of the way somewhere. Open WinRAR and navigate to the roms folder. Highlight all the files and right-click, then 'Add to Archive'. Change 'Archive Format' to zip in the General tab. Then click the 'File' tab and down near the bottom tick the 'Put each file to separate archive' box. It'll take some time obviously, depending on how many roms you are unpacking/packing but at least it's all automated!

Edit for minor details :D

good tips. thats what I'll do. damn we are talking about 2 gigs of roms, 3000 or so files.