Geometry Wars 2

I freaking love this game. But it is overlooked alot. If you like shooters (not FPS), I highly suggest you pick up the demo. Give it a try. I can't convey how frantic the game is. It's something else. There are 6 modes, so if you get tired of playing anything particular, you can switch up the pace. The game, for me and my friends, is something we play on a daily basis. In between other games, or sometimes we just go on a GeoWars2 Bonanza. I don't own a 360 yet, but I still hold the record for the pacifism mode... which I always try to best, just on the fact that I don't own the game. The score hold more weight that way I think.

Ohhhhh good choice.... mind you, what you saw, was practically what you see right when you start the game, perhaps 30 sec in or so. The game ramps up... I cannot even get you to understand what level of chaos I am talking about.. Grab the demo!!!! then you may see just a bit of what I mean. I turned Blacknight onto it... Look, since I am not around my friends 360, add me to your friends if you wish... they have friends leaderboards set up, so you can at leat see where you stand among friends.

Oh yea... the multiplayer aspect you saw in the video... there is only local multiplayer, so no live multiplayer... the reason is.... even the slightest amount of lag ruins the game. The game is too fast paced to have lagg issues at all.

AND... do not get frustrated by your score.... the game takes forever to master... I played 7 hours straight Sunday, on mainly one game mode... pacifism, and I didn't score over 49,000,000. 7 hours!!!! well come Tuesday, I scored 163,000,000 within 1 1/2 hours. Thats how it goes. Just enjoy the game. I'll see you there sometime!!!

Edited by Belthasar

OK I didn't want to put game trailer movies up, because all they really show is press releases. Youtube vidoes are up, but they are so grainy. To try and show you what the game will throw at you.. I have selected a few videos... please forgive the graininess.

Pacifism... You never shoot in this mode. The goal, is luring the swarm of enemies near gates that explode when you pass through them. When you play this game, pay attention to the blast radius, which is easily seen (not on this low quality video) Thing about the enemies, they slowly gain speed, so if you fail to take them out quickly, they will pose more of a threat, the longer they are on screen. About the gates, they spawn in randomly, but alternate between rotating clockwise/counter clockwise and will float vertically or horizontally.. never at 45 degrees. They are enemies too, and if you hit the ends of the gate, game over. They will often seem to try and screw you up alot, so sometimes you need to change your mind before you follow through... i.e. turn the other way and come back next pass or two. The key to victory in this mode is summarized by one word... posturing. Sounds easy enough.... but just you wait...

This is my favorite mode currently.

Waves... Waves after waves of little orange ships, that effectively create walls... all the while, random enemies spawn in and try to mess with your focus... fail to deal with the non wave enemies, and the waves will flock you up...

Some dude playing waves

Well I thought Id add a ton of videos... but there isn't much selection on youtube... everyone who made a video.... well... kinda sucks. No one seems to be capitalizing on the geomes. You gotta pick up as many of those as you can, without dieing of course. It seems that the videos were made right when the game came out. I cannot find any videos of someone playing with chaos and insanity going onscreen.

That the thing. The game has adaptive AI... It will give you what you can handle. Get better, and it will throw more and more crazy spawns at you.

Well mind you, I don't have a 360 yet. So when I am on, I'm at a friends house. I play at his discretion. Usually we play Geometry Wars 2. At least now. When I get a 360, I'll be getting GOW and GOW2, Soul Calibur IV, Star Wars Force Unleashed, COD4, Fallout 3, STIIHD, Armored Core 4 etc.

But the funny thing is... and I know this to be true. When I turn on my 360, I'll either start or finish my session with some Geowars 2. Regardless of what game I may or may not play at any given day, Geometry wars is one of those games we played everyday.... And I know that It'll be the game I put the most time into, just because of the extreme replayability of it.

Where I get bored with other games and may not play them as frequently, GeoWars2 will remain on my daily playlist... for the most part. LOL get your gametime in, for when I get the 360... I plan on breaking some records. heh.

I played this game so much... pacifism specifically, that when I went to bed at night, I was playing the game in my head. And even now, just from looking for those videos earlier, I am still playing the music in my head, and it's been a few hours!!! The game is that damn addicting.

800 points... 10 bucks. It's a steal. Best damn 10 bucks ever spent!

castle crashers hits in 2 weeks as well so my ms points are getting spread thin, not sure which one I am gonna grab first.