360 vs Who?

I appreciate the viewpoint and all, but it seems like no one here bothers to give the full explanation or interpretation of the Wii or the PS3.

thats because a lot of people just think the wii is $hit and the ps3 well you have read all the arguments/discussions.nuff said really.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean by exactly by " the arcade will go down to $199 " ?

the arcade SKU is the 360 with out a hard drive. it comes with a 256MB card instead.

the 20gb SKU is 249 right now, the 60gb is 299. word is that the 60 will go down to 249 and the 20 will be discontinued.

Oh... naa... I want a hard drive at least. I plan on downloading a great many things.... I'll gladly fork out the cash. I assume the falcon chipset is standard... heh. Ya know... Blacknight says no-one over in Australia .. that he knows of, had an issue with RoD. Everyone and their grandmas had the 3 rings over here in the states... What were they thinking... a copper heatsink. And wasn't the placement of the drive in a horrible spot too? If I recall, It is still has a "not perfect" configuration. I heard rumors that they were gonna change the setup or something again in the future....

if you get a 360 with hdmi which seems to come as standard now but dont quote on me that,then you should be getting a falcon board along with it.there is a new mobo getting launched shortly which apparently is even better than the falcon so you might get lucky.also when your speaking about flashing drives and all that then i think the best drive is the ben-q(which i have)apparently its the quietest and the best drive to flash.but again dont quote me on that.

the Wii sells console with hype. the attach rate (games sold per console) is horrible. there are literally 5-7 good games on the wii and they are all first party.

the PS3 failed with a deadly high price point and no AAA titles in the launch window, followed by major disappointments that were supposed to be AAA. At this point the catch up game is going to be an uphill battle, still higher priced then the competition, few exclusive AAA titles, and the 360s strengthening jrpg lineup and lost exclusives aren't helping Sony in the least.

was there really a reason for this thread, 360 users are getting as bad as people with macs they think they have a superior product when they dont. the 360 had a head start on the next gen they should be better. my new 360 elite has been turned on twice since i got it 2 months ago. the ps3 has the same titles coming out for the rest of the yr save a few 360 only titles which the only one i wanna play is gears fable sucks ass to me. the only reason i really have a 360 now is some day i will be brave enuff to try to flash it , so i can play backups without paying for them.

the Wii sells console with hype. the attach rate (games sold per console) is horrible. there are literally 5-7 good games on the wii and they are all first party.

the PS3 failed with a deadly high price point and no AAA titles in the launch window, followed by major disappointments that were supposed to be AAA. At this point the catch up game is going to be an uphill battle, still higher priced then the competition, few exclusive AAA titles, and the 360s strengthening jrpg lineup and lost exclusives aren't helping Sony in the least.

Well Kotaku say that is biased assumption that 3rd party don't sell. Check the link below

http://kotaku.com/5034951/heres-that-wii-third-party-sales-proof-you-requested

was there really a reason for this thread, 360 users are getting as bad as people with macs they think they have a superior product when they dont. the 360 had a head start on the next gen they should be better. my new 360 elite has been turned on twice since i got it 2 months ago. the ps3 has the same titles coming out for the rest of the yr save a few 360 only titles which the only one i wanna play is gears fable sucks ass to me. the only reason i really have a 360 now is some day i will be brave enuff to try to flash it , so i can play backups without paying for them.

My friend... forgive me if I am about to offend ... Did you not get the point of the thread? I even re-iterated a second time showing the point in full. The point was the over all bang that Microsoft is creating.

It doesn't matter who has the better system, because they are comparatively the same as far as I am concerned. "IF" the PS3 is a superior system, the world may never know, because they wont have much of a chance to show off their capabilities..... It is apparently hell trying to put games on it... where as 360 is a dream come true.

PS3 is getting screwed by 360 this year. Mark my words. They are in a world of sh!t now. Even more people are going to join the 360 bandwagon.

This thread was focused on a point no one seems to be talking about. Microsoft is taking the lime light. They are the ones capitalizing on all of this. they are choking out the competition in terms of market dominance. If everyone is buying 360's (figuratively) and they have 1000 games available by the end of the year. From games you can download for cheap, to store bought. NOT TO MENTION THE NETFLIX DEAL!!!!!! Which will bring the count to somewhere over 10,000 movies. And all the TV shows you can download, tons and tons of episodes. Don't you think everyone with stakes in the 360 are going to totally swim through the money like Scrooge McDuck!!!! And if everyone is spending money on 360 stuff, doesn't that mean that PS3 is loosing out on the money being spent in this field? YES! And if Microsoft is raking in so much cash, don't you think they will reinvest again next year, with the ridiculous funds they stand to make this year alone, gold coins pouring from the sky no doubt. It's a matter of numbers... PS3 looses this year, and the price, is the percentage of the overall market. Not everyone can afford 2 systems. So they are left to choose. Choose what.... the one that is hands down KICKING THE FLOCKING crap OUT OF EVERYONE ELSE. And I don't care what anyone says. I have the numbers and figures and experience to see that 360 is and will be absolutely raping everyone else for 2008. Hands down, 360 wins this year. So what up for next year? Who the hell knows, but PS3 is in a world of sh!t and they really need to do something ... alot of somethings to fully compete. Because by then, even more of the total market will be buying 360's. And I'm one of them.

That is the intent of this thread. Its not a matter of hardware superiority right now. It's tactical warfare, timely, concise and brilliant moves by Microsoft that are exponentially paying off. Hands down.

Edited by Belthasar

Oh great... Solidius has been in here a bit... he must be writing up something big... I just don't know why he has an elite, but never plays. Yea I agree fable can kiss my ass what the crap is that.... it looks so crappy, I wont even capitalize the first letter like yer supposed to. Waht about Gears of War... bored? What about Geometry Wars 2? Are you getting bored of games? I've been there. Perhaps I wouldn't covet the 360 so much if I had one... .... yea... yea I would too... lol. So many damn games coming out, but the FFXIII sealed the deal and buried the PS3 personally for me. And I think that there are alot of people who feel the same.

On the technical level, I can defend either system because I know the specs inside out for each of them. 360 has the edge on Vram, it has more of it while the PS3 has the number crunching down to a whole nother level which developers both love and hate. That's what you get for rolling symmetrical cores, everyone will complain about it. It's difficult to developer for because of all the extra cores it has. Programming for 3 cores is much easier over programming 1 CPU + 7 additional cores on any given day. Similar to the old Saturn-PSX days where Saturn ran on 2 symmetric cores and was very difficult to program for over the much easier PSX.

The written language is basically the same thankfully, but both have to be implamented in variously different fashions (something Tech 5 completely skips, thank you id). I fully agree with Carmack on all fronts on consoles. If MS handles their media situation right, they'll be the much better system overall and competetion vs Sony would be fierce. As both systems would be very much in line and very similar to each other. From then on, it wouldn't matter what system you got. But, with MS's disc media, comes with new technologies for compression, which I highly support. I support highest quality possible at the highest compression possible. FLAC does wonders for audio, PNG for images, and h264 for video. Technologies that already exist on PC and their concepts & methods being applied to consoles and their games. Proof that you don't have to have uncompressed audio on a disc to have the greatest quality audio. While prefered, it's highly unproductive to have uncompressed or barely compressed audio on a disc. Double goes for textures.

At this level of the game, I'd rather see developers still chruning their nack for technologies that make the game what it is while still providing and building the stable base of gameplay.

Also I have a PS3 now, so you can all suck it. I still prefer PC over any console because the of the "DO WANT" factor.