Picking a major

Ryuken

okay so college is start soon for me, and i want to change my major now. Before when i applied for the school, I didn't really know what i wanted to do so i just picked fiance since that's what my cousin did. Now, however, i actually know what i want to do. I want to do business in computer and video game industry so basically the tech world. The big question is,

Should i major in computer science or marketing

And should i minor in one of them?

Which one would allow me to find a job easier when I get out of college?

Should I major in computer science while I'm still young because to me it looks like it would be harder than majoring in marketing.

Please reply soon with your wise advices

Brutal honesty = ON

Get a job and go next year once you've figured out what you actually want to do.

Nothing would suck more, than wasting 2-4 years in college, only to realize after, that you wasted your time and money on something you didn't want to do and having to go back for another 2-4 years for something you DO want to do.

You can propose your major and change it later, I think you have to declare yours by your third year.

I would say do what cinder suggests since you're still confused on what you want to do. Do plenty of research on that field and decide for yourself if you're up for it and if you're ready.

I'm stuck on the same boat, but I got 2 years to think about it, just got in and plan on doing only general credits till then, even though I feel thinking about it won't do much, just got to hope that it hits me before its to late ^.^.

working for a year first will only lead to working forever and sometime later trying to work and go to school at night or whatever. Go to school now, while the opportunity is there. you can change your major later if need be. you need to start now while school habits are still ingrained in your everyday life. the longer you are away from school the harder it is to go back. and working sucks anyways so might as well put it off for as long as possible right :thumbsup1:

major in something with a wide area for now, something that is needed in lots of job fields, then you can switch it with something else next year or the year after.

What do you want to do with your life? How strong are you in studying? When I started college I started as a bio major because I wanted to go to medical school. I drifted away from that and did some comp sci but didn't enjoy that and now I'm thinking of switching to economics.

well here's the thing. I want to go to school, because I know I'm the lazy type and if I stopped going to school, I wouldn't go back. I guess i really didn't state me situation correctly. Picking between Marketing and Computer science, which one would be more useful for getting a job when i get out of college? i know i want to get into those 2 field and would be great if it's a mixture of both such as marketing for a computer company.