Xbox 360 Vs. PlayStation 3 - Let's finish this.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That, BlackKnight, is rude and offensive. If this was any other forum, those insults would get you banned. Glad you set such a high standard for newcomers around here.

And if you already decided that the 360 was better, and have this video to back up your own opinion, then why defend it so adamantly? You wanted others to chime in and feed your own view of the situation, and apparently attack anyone whose views differ.

Just know who threw the first stone here my friend.

I wish you would get your pig-headed PS3-defending belligerence out of my threads. You don't read the topic- you don't know what the discussion is about, and despite specific evidence to the contrary of what you're saying, you troll in with all this Sony propaganda looking for a fight, and this isn't the first time you've done it. You really annoy me.

This was about which machine was better- in the view of someone who actually knows what they're talking about. I posted this to cut through all the myths like 'Cell is 2x more powerful if devs use it properly' and all that crap. Carmack says that even at full capacity there are only a very small number of non-traditional situations where the PS3 will have a performance gain over the 360. What part of that are you so resistant to believing and why can't you keep on topic?

In any case, this is becoming just like all the other illogical flame wars topics and it annoys me. The title was meant to promote discussion of the technical information presented in the video. Instead we have the same claptrap rhetoric arguments going on as always. So from now on, get on topic or this gets closed.

And finally Gouken- I'm not just defending the 360 because that's what I own. I bought it because it was there were good arguments for owning one, and not the other way around. On the other hand, whether or not the PS3 is or will be a good system, you're proving it was a stupid decision for you to buy one by grasping at straws of irrelevant hardware (you mentioned USB ports, Card Readers and Wifi- whoopteeflockingdoo) and games / features that aren't out yet when you try to talk it up. It seems you're left with a crappy purchase and you're struggling to defend it to yourself. If you want to defend the PS3, address the information in that video because that's what this topic is about. Else take it elsewhere. Actually, as for you other arguments, save them. We've all heard them before.

That, BlackKnight, is rude and offensive. If this was any other forum, those insults would get you banned. Glad you set such a high standard for newcomers around here.

And if you already decided that the 360 was better, and have this video to back up your own opinion, then why defend it so adamantly? You wanted others to chime in and feed your own view of the situation, and apparently attack anyone whose views differ.

Just know who threw the first stone here my friend.

I wish you would get your pig-headed PS3-defending belligerence out of my threads. You don't read the topic- you don't know what the discussion is about, and despite specific evidence to the contrary of what you're saying, you troll in with all this Sony propaganda looking for a fight, and this isn't the first time you've done it. You really annoy me.

As much as I like the two of you and I do consider you one of my good buds BK, we have had some nice convo's online and on XBL, I have to disagree with you on this one, I really don't think Gouken is trolling. If anything be glad people are posting. Just try not to scare people away with insults. It looks especially bad when the forums own staff harshly insults it's members for differences in opinions.

Basically I think people need to chill out.

This isn't about difference in opinion. This is about going off topic. The thread was about the technical discussion in the video. He brought his typical fanboy angst and totally ignored what was said in the first place. Now it is a typical my-machine-is-better-than-yours pissing contest. Bringing your same short-sighted ideas to every thread, including one specifically posted to debunk them, is trolling in my book.

Your abuse has gone far enough.

I've demodded you until such time as you learn to be civil to others with a view different to yours.

Closing.

If someone would like to make a new thread to discuss this vs that console, go right ahead - but without flaming.