Xbox 360 Vs. PlayStation 3 - Let's finish this.

LSD stop instigating! Gouken already dropped a bomb of PS3 slander that has no apparent effect towards my decision of preferring the 360 better! Stop before it's to late and Don joins the ring x.x D:!

It's to late nooo!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its true what they say, XBox Live is REALLY worth it. I saw the insane amount of great titles on XBLA and now i cant wait to buy games like SF2 and Prince of Persia.

Being able to privately chat with your friends WHILE YOU PLAY is flockin great.

Most of the Good games are out on both anyways.

Gears of War on the Xbox Looks like crap compared to the PC Version

and the XMB is much better then the Dashboard.

Overall, The Xbox is a bit more fun i have to say.

Good points. But apparently Blackknight wants to compare hardware. Anyways, did you download the latest PS3 update Don? In-Game XMB allows you to chat with your friends while in a game.

it lets you send msgs, but it doesnt let us voice-chat without the XMB in the way(That i know of)

And to tell you the truth, the hardware means nothing until its put to good use. I look for reliability. Im now not afraid of my 360 dying for the sole reason that i have a PS3 and a High end PC to hold me down until i get back my RRoD Xbox.

BUt the first day i got my xbox, me and a friend were playing halo all night. I was very eager to play again the night afterwards, then his Xbox got the RRoD =\

Now i have no real desire to play until he gets his fixed which would take about 3 weeks or more. I Imagine this is a common occurance to find out that the person you want to play with the most has an RRoD.

But the Games argument is stupid because the PS3 has enough titles and the xbox 360 exlcusives arent THAT great.

It all comes down to either having both, or whichever is more comfortable.

Also if you know more people on Live or PSN. Thats probably the biggest reason

it lets you send msgs, but it doesnt let us voice-chat without the XMB in the way(That i know of)

And to tell you the truth, the hardware means nothing until its put to good use. I look for reliability. Im now not afraid of my 360 dying for the sole reason that i have a PS3 and a High end PC to hold me down until i get back my RRoD Xbox.

BUt the first day i got my xbox, me and a friend were playing halo all night. I was very eager to play again the night afterwards, then his Xbox got the RRoD =\

Now i have no real desire to play until he gets his fixed which would take about 3 weeks or more. I Imagine this is a common occurance to find out that the person you want to play with the most has an RRoD.

But the Games argument is stupid because the PS3 has enough titles and the xbox 360 exlcusives arent THAT great.

It all comes down to either having both, or whichever is more comfortable.

Also if you know more people on Live or PSN. Thats probably the biggest reason

Fully agree. In terms of which one is more appealing, it all depends on what you want out of a console. Hell, clearly people are finding that the Wii is more appealing then both the 360 and the PS3... how that happens I still don't know. But talking with a few people from work here gives me a clue... People just don't do research before buying. They see something new, hear it's great, and buy it. A co-worker last night told me they think PS3 games look better. We all know the truth on that one. Some are great, some are lacking, same with 360. In fact, the only way you can tell me this game looks better then that game is if we're comparing a Wii game to a PS3/360 game.

But the one thing that really bothered me while speaking to my co-worker who currently has the RRoD... she didn't know the 360 had problems. I instructed her as to the process of calling, recieving a box, all that good stuff. But she was honestly disgusted when I told her about the 360's RRoD problems. I think if more consumers took the time out to educate themselves on what they are purchasing instead of just thinking "Videogame, kids, must be safe and sterdy", less 360's would be sold, more outcry for a DVD add on for the Wii would be made, and every PS3 would be bundled with an HDMI cable and headset.

I think that the 360 should have an internal battery, along with internal wireless support, like the PS3.

The PS3 is a very large system, I'm sure everyone's aware, but in person this thing is humongous. I like the XMB more than the 360's dashboard, looks a bit more mature and creative, too bad I'm not able to access the dashboard fully while in game. Wireless support on the PS3 is convenient, I like being able to charge my controllers via USB. They seem to run out of battery quickly though, as opposed to the 360's controllers.

The USB cables that come with the controllers are extremely short, and in order to both play the PS3 whilst charging the controller, you'll need to sit right in front of the television. Might I add that the PS3 is very silent, I enjoy the PSP compatibility and the ability to download demos and play online for free, the registration is simple and easy. And oh, the PS3 is very shiny and sleek, (just never touch it). Adding to that, I like the unique and unnecessary touch sensitive power, reset, and eject buttons.

Blu-Ray doesn't mean much to me, until the day when Blu-Ray burners and BD-R dics become cheap, I'll use them to store data. I don't watch DVDs or Blu-Rays, the higher quality isn't really a reason for me to watch them, AVI. files on the computer are sufficient enough for me, my modded Xbox takes care of watching movies and whatnot. Not to mention, no one has actually been able to play a PS3 backup on it.

Then you have your backwards compatibility, I don't remember which version of the PS3 was that I played but it was able to run all of the games I had at the time, downloadable old school games is also a plus. It has a lack of games, though. The Xbox 360, an American console, is getting a larger share of exclusives for whatever reason, if someone actually knows why the 360 is getting all of the games, and the PS3 isn't getting any love, please tell me.

I think that the 360 should have an internal battery, along with internal wireless support, like the PS3.

The PS3 is a very large system, I'm sure everyone's aware, but in person this thing is humongous. I like the XMB more than the 360's dashboard, looks a bit more mature and creative, too bad I'm not able to access the dashboard fully while in game. Wireless support on the PS3 is convenient, I like being able to charge my controllers via USB. They seem to run out of battery quickly though, as opposed to the 360's controllers.

The USB cables that come with the controllers are extremely short, and in order to both play the PS3 whilst charging the controller, you'll need to sit right in front of the television. Might I add that the PS3 is very silent, I enjoy the PSP compatibility and the ability to download demos and play online for free, the registration is simple and easy. And oh, the PS3 is very shiny and sleek, (just never touch it). Adding to that, I like the unique and unnecessary touch sensitive power, reset, and eject buttons.

Blu-Ray doesn't mean much to me, until the day when Blu-Ray burners and BD-R dics become cheap, I'll use them to store data. I don't watch DVDs or Blu-Rays, the higher quality isn't really a reason for me to watch them, AVI. files on the computer are sufficient enough for me, my modded Xbox takes care of watching movies and whatnot. Not to mention, no one has actually been able to play a PS3 backup on it.

Then you have your backwards compatibility, I don't remember which version of the PS3 was that I played but it was able to run all of the games I had at the time, downloadable old school games is also a plus. It has a lack of games, though. The Xbox 360, an American console, is getting a larger share of exclusives for whatever reason, if someone actually knows why the 360 is getting all of the games, and the PS3 isn't getting any love, please tell me.

The PS3 is a certified DivX player and plays most AVI and XVID files through the HDD or a media server. Just figured I'd let you know, it's an awesome feature! The PS3 is harder to develope for so it may take a little while for a multi-platform game to come out for it then the 360, but currently the PS3 has more exclusive titles coming to it this year and next then the 360. So the PS3 love is in full swing, we just need to wait a few more months.

Why the PS3 will lose:

1) PlayStation 3 is losing all the big exclusive titles they had, and going to the Xbox 360.

2) Lack of RPGs, I don't see all these developers doing RPGs like in the PS1 and PS2 eras.

3) Worse online service than Xbox Live. Plus there are worse games there, Xbox Live is getting a lot of awesome shooters.

4) PlayStation 3 is a commercial failure. And people don't waste money on failures, and don't forget the price because it's not cheap.

Why the PS3 will lose:

1) PlayStation 3 is losing all the big exclusive titles they had, and going to the Xbox 360.

2) Lack of RPGs, I don't see all these developers doing RPGs like in the PS1 and PS2 eras.

3) Worse online service than Xbox Live. Plus there are worse games there, Xbox Live is getting a lot of awesome shooters.

4) PlayStation 3 is a commercial failure. And people don't waste money on failures, and don't forget the price because it's not cheap.

1) So is the 360.

2) Takes time to make a good RPG. PS3 has a few in queue.

3) But PSN is free. Who cares if its worse, you get what you pay for and so far, PSN is adequate.

4) No it isn't, that's your own opinion.

Edited by Gouken

1) So is the 360.

2) Takes time to make a good RPG. PS3 has a few in queue.

3) But PSN is free. Who cares if its worse, you get what you pay for and so far, PSN is adequate.

4) No it isn't, that's your own opinion.

1) Not to the same extent. Plus the PS3 losses to the 360 are more remarkable eg. FFXIII

2) Please, that's beyond feeble. The PS3 has been out more than long enough to have at least a handful of quality RPGs.

3) Who cares if it's worse?! The people that use it I would imagine! XBL works out at less than $1 a week for a top notch service. Now that's adequate.

4) I wouldn't call it a commercial failure, but only because it ships with a Blu-Ray drive. It definitely needs a heavy price drop. Yet another 360 price cut is on the horizon yet Sony still maintain their price point.

2-4 are opinions.

All of them are, really. I've used XBL and PSN. Sure XBL is more convenient, but I'm not exactly crying over how *bad* PSN is. It isn't bad at all, it's gotten a lot better then when it first launched, and of course will continue to get better and probably be on par with XBL within the next year. In terms of content? No, but functionality, yes.

You can't really make a sound judgement on a PS3 without sitting down with an open mind and just playing a few games on it. Go to a buddies house who has everything updated and actually uses the features on his console and let me know what you think. All these 'opinions' are from people who probably never even got to play a PS3 besides the store model.

Edited by Gouken