Xbox 360 Vs. PlayStation 3 - Let's finish this.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Crap like this scares new users away. Sure it's nice to have the freedom to talk smack and all, but other forums have rules against Vs. threads for a reason. It alienates people. Both systems are great.

End it people. Close the thread and talk about something other then which system is better. This generation doesn't mean anything overall. Why? Because for some flocking reason the Wii, the worst out of all the systems, is 'winning'. Maybe you should make a thread about that. Discuss scenarios as to why a Gamecube with a new controller has actually outsold everything worldwide. That, to me, is a discussion worth having. And might provoke some intelligent thought as well.

Read the thread title. The whole point of this was to end that idle speculation and put a 'case closed' sticker on the debate of which system is better. Because that debate is well and truly settled now.

No it isn't, and never will be until these systems are dead and gone. The PS3's firmware will continue to be updated, and the 360 will continue to get updates of its own. Just like the Dev Kits for each system will be updated with easier to use tools throughout their life cycles.

Debating about which console is better NOW would be relevant, but a "case close" decision, end all be all? You've got to be kidding me.

These systems are hardware. Their potential is dictated by that hardware and if it wasn't you wouldn't see PS4's down the track. Firmware updates can't evolve a system, else they wouldn't need new systems- new software would just keep coming out.

The hardware is what is being discussed here. Console wars threads talk about the magic superpower of the Cell or Blu-ray- those technically inept myths are being debunked here. Thus it is putting that stupid uninformed debate to rest.

AND IN THIS CORNER, WEIGHING AT 860 POUNDS, BLACKKNIGHT, THE EVER-CHALLENGING MOD FROM 1EMU, and IN THE OTHER CORNER, THE CHALLENGER, THE PS3 DEFENDER, THE ALL-ASSUMING ENTITY THAT CAN BRING PS3'S POTENTIAL TO THE MAX WHEN NO DEVELOPERS CAN, GOOOOOUUUUUUUUKKKKKEEEEEENNNNNNNNN! LET THE FIGHT COMMENCE!!!

Duke it out, guys :(

AND IN THIS CORNER, WEIGHING AT 860 POUNDS, BLACKKNIGHT, THE EVER-CHALLENGING MOD FROM 1EMU, and IN THE OTHER CORNER, THE CHALLENGER, THE PS3 DEFENDER, THE ALL-ASSUMING ENTITY THAT CAN BRING PS3'S POTENTIAL TO THE MAX WHEN NO DEVELOPERS CAN, GOOOOOUUUUUUUUKKKKKEEEEEENNNNNNNNN! LET THE FIGHT COMMENCE!!!

Duke it out, guys :(

Thank you, thank you.

Did you want to compare media drives, card readers, wifi, USB ports, wireless capabilities (bluetooth), storage options and capacity... All those are hardware related.

By comparing system specs and hardware capabilities, the PS3 clearly wins out of the box. I'd find it hard for even the hardest of hardcore xbots to argue against it. And don't give me that "I just want a gaming console" crap. All the extra bells and whistles, before mentioned, have made gaming much better, and easier for me. But as I tell most of my 360 owning friends who are currently shopping for their first or new hard drives to take advantage of newer features... you get what you pay for.

Thank you, thank you.

Did you want to compare media drives, card readers, wifi, USB ports, wireless capabilities (bluetooth), storage options and capacity... All those are hardware related.

By comparing system specs and hardware capabilities, the PS3 clearly wins out of the box. I'd find it hard for even the hardest of hardcore xbots to argue against it. And don't give me that "I just want a gaming console" crap. All the extra bells and whistles, before mentioned, have made gaming much better, and easier for me. But as I tell most of my 360 owning friends who are currently shopping for their first or new hard drives to take advantage of newer features... you get what you pay for.

And you are making this into the kind of thread that you said we didn't need more of.

LSD stop instigating! Gouken already dropped a bomb of PS3 slander that has no apparent effect towards my decision of preferring the 360 better! Stop before it's to late and Don joins the ring x.x D:!

Thank you, thank you.

And you are making this into the kind of thread that you said we didn't need more of.

Hey, you're the one who wanted to compare just hardware. Not my fault if you can't take the cold hard facts. Look at any spec sheet and the PS3 wins hands down with overall capabilities.

It seems to me that you want to argue for the 360 based on 'theoretical' situations that both systems can and can't do. Bottom line is, look at the industry as of right now. The 360's hardware is showing its age with the DVD format and lack of a built in HDD. Sony may have made mistakes, but at least they planned for the future.

You want to look at games and online, then the 360 is leading. I don't necessarily think you need to pay for Xbox Live, but it still is superior in the online area. But you don't want to 'argue' about that, you want to compare hardware. Go ahead, compare.

Since i bought my Xbox a few things became immediately clear to me.

1st and foremost, the PS3 is SO MUCH more comfortable to own. The first problem i encountered when buying my 360 was i had nowhere to put that enormous power brick. And i find it ironic that since the PSU is not inside the Xbox 360 that it still overheats as opposed to the PS3 which doesnt.

Then comes the case with buying Batteries for my 360 controller over and over again.

Ive already found myself deleting files to download new stuff onto my 14GB HDD(Which is all you have access to) And im now in need of a wireless adapter.

Im about to Pay for one year of XBox Live as well.

The Xbox unleashed to its FULL POTENTIAL costs More then a PS3 out of the box with the SAME THING!

BUT!!!!!

Its true what they say, XBox Live is REALLY worth it. I saw the insane amount of great titles on XBLA and now i cant wait to buy games like SF2 and Prince of Persia.

Being able to privately chat with your friends WHILE YOU PLAY is flockin great.

Most of the Good games are out on both anyways.

Gears of War on the Xbox Looks like crap compared to the PC Version

and the XMB is much better then the Dashboard.

Overall, The Xbox is a bit more fun i have to say.