The 360 'Open Tray' Error

My 360 has the Benq drive and has never been modded or opened or anything.

Sometimes for certain games (UT3, GH3, NG2), I get the 'Open Tray' message on the dashboard even when the game disc is in. I have to eject and close the disc tray once or twice to get the game to start. Older games work fine. Also, once the game does start, it loads fine and there are no errors or slowdown or anything afterward.

The reason I'm pissed off is that I just had to eject UT3 15 times to get it to play. Anyone had any experience with this issue? Any fixes? Mine is still under warranty, I guess, but really don't want to have to send it to MS.

I get that one sometimes. I just go down to the tray icon where is says "open tray" and click it. that usually gets it to register as closed and start reading the disc. the thing that annoys me more is sometimes when I open the tray to change games before I can get one game out and another in the tray will close by itself.

ive got a ben-q drive as well but i havent had this problem yet.does this affect other drives as well?

Yep. It's been a pretty well documented nuisance since 2006, even before the BenQ drive existed. It usually goes hand-in-hand with dirty disc errors too.

when I flashed my drive I tweaked the pots, never had a dirty disc error since. mine is a near launch samsung.