Summer Vs. Winter

Alpha

Summer Vs. Winter  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winter with many similar reasons as people. Easier to adjust to cold. I do actually enjoy being cold rather than feeling hot. No allergies and no bugs. Just less of annoyances in my opinion.

I prefer Winter over Summer because:

- No insects (summer = flies and mosquitoes)

- You can always put more clothes on (summer = you can only take off so much)

- The sun doesn't hurt (summer = sunburn in minutes)

- Low humidity (Summer can be a Turkish bath sometimes)

Yes, this. A few people I know despise winter, and I don't completely understand it. The heat and sun during summer is just painful and depressing. I long for the world where it's always winter but never Christmas.

Winter is the only real season...

I have extremely high cold tolerances (i go out in shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops year round) and am not really a fan of sweating...

The Winter Solstice is also in winter. It is one of my favorite holidays because it involves

1) Giant Bon Fires to ward off Bad Spirits/Luck

2) Sacrifices (ok..ok...it usually ends up being us roasting some sort of animal that has been killed already...hot dogs/burgers)

3)SNOW!!!

Snow is the best weather that exists. It is fun to play in and build stuff in. I still love going out and throwing snowballs at people and playing snow football...

I also live in a non airconditioned dorm at school...so that in summer the room is 120 F all day and night. During winter you can at least have the windows open to abate the heat...

Also...

Winter is more fun because it is dark out more and the best constellation is best viewed during my winter, Orion.

Because my job includes a lot of working with the fingers on metallic objects at outdoor areas, I vote for summer. Sure, the summer heat at my base is unbearable, but it's still better than trying to open a rain-wet screw while it's dead cold outside...

I vote winter. Right now it's unbearably hot where I live, and in winter we get lots of snow, not too much rain (unfortunately - i LOVE rain) and it's easier for me to adjust to cold temperatures. On a side note - I'd also rather die from freezing to death rather than burning to death, because when your body reaches a certain frosty temperature, you fall asleep, and die while asleep, so it's not too bad.