Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion

Skythe

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you didn't see the Spawn movie then did you?

Nope. Did they make Spawn white? Coz that's just as stupid and I'm sure people would have been upset if they did.

Nick Fury is Black in the Ultimate Universe, and in the Films (why not? who doesnt love Samuel L. Jackson MUTHAFUCKA!!!! )

I know, with zero explanation why. You're just supposed to accept it and pretend that he always was. Just like with Catwoman and Kojak. And I'm getting a little tired of Samuel now. He's the same in every movie.

Diddy will never be able to play James Bond (mostly because he's american over being an african-american, and not qualified to act)

Jamie Foxx also wants to be James Bond and a number of people have said the next James Bond should be black. The question is not 'Why not?', it's 'Why?' Why change the ethnicity of an established character? The answer is to try to appeal to a black audience who've complained about the apparent lack of high profile black heroes. But the more sensible solution would surely be to create new characters to fill that role, rather than to change ones that already exist.

personally i think BA Baracus could easily be played by a Samoan

I doubt Mr. T would like that. He'll be played by some random rapper that I don't know, the entire cast has been revealed for the A Team film accept for Howling Mad Murdock.

and Shaft will always be black! (btw, Christian Bale was the villian in the last Shaft movie)

Point proven. You can make an established white character black and there's no problem. But you dare to make an established black character white and there'd be hell to pay. Didn't know about Christian Bale, he's just a current white actor that came to mind.

Iron man's alternate should be War Machine. A cool black hero, by the way.

Mr. T is not as racist as you are, and a Samoan who could act would be would be perfect for BA Baracus!

and Jamie Foxx is a great actor, but point in fact, will never be James Bond, Period. If there where any great British black actors that could fit the part of a fictional character, then by all means go for it! People just want to be entertained,and if they cant look past something like that, then they themselves have problems

for example, Interview with a Vampire is one of my favorite movies/books ever, Antonio Banderas did not fit the part of Armand (who's physically supposed to resemble a red haired 17 year old boy of slavic ancestry) am i supposed to be angered that instead his roll was filled by a 30 something year old spic? fuck no! he played his roll well, besides its all fiction!

just roll with it son!

as for the Ultimate Universe? YES you dont need an explanation why he's black because they re-birthed all the marvel characters! i mean ultimate Cable is a old version of wolverine, and he's a founding member of the x men in the ultimate universe

i have the feeling iceman uses the word niggER alot

Guess you didn't see the Spawn movie then did you?

Nope. Did they make Spawn white? Coz that's just as stupid and I'm sure people would have been upset if they did.

No. Jason Wynn and Terry Fitzgerald are black characters in the comics but were played by white actors in the movie. Chapel (who is a black male) was replaced by an original white female named Priest.

No. Jason Wynn and Terry Fitzgerald are black characters in the comics but were played by white actors in the movie. Chapel (who is a black male) was replaced by an original white female named Priest.

This is equally stupid, it sends a bad message, and I'm sure some people will have been unpleased.

i have the feeling iceman uses the word niggER alot

You're helping to prove my point about the hypocracy of it right there. I'm automatically a racist because I dared to raise the issue, even though I've stated it's wrong to change the ethnicity in either direction. Characters should be portrayed as their creators made them, not as anything else influenced by politics etc, which these race changes are.

Books turned into movies often suffer the most from poor casting choices. The view taken by a lot of producers is that most people who see the movie haven't read the book so won't care, and those who have will see the movie anyway to see what it's like, and will have paid their money whether they approve or not. For Interview with a Vampire, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are a double team of annoyance for me. I like the Blade films. They got the casting right there. The X-Men films were mainly ok, bar the ages being a bit all over the place.

The problem with these movie remakes is that marketing is the main priority, not fans or original authors.

I see what you're saying Iceman and I have to agree with you.

Racism is still a powerful issue but if you think about it, white people are triggered just as much nowadays. It's a fact, there are a lot of things any black, hispanic and oriental person can get away with but a white person gets punished for the same act.

What does that say? Is it saying that white people deserve it? Or is the judicial system saying that any other race is too ignorant to comprehend the law and handle themselves accordingly? We'll never know.

It's a major issue here in Florida.

And before any of you say it, I AM NOT A RACIST.

Most of the Marvel movies tend to merge the Ultimate universe and the Earth-616 universe together. Thus making an amalgam of WTFness.

Indeed. Sometimes I get really agitated when it comes to that.

That's the thing I hate about artistic licence, often it gets taken too far and bad decsions get made. Like

killing Xaviour, Cyclops and Jean Grey all in one film.

I don't think that was a good idea. I used spoiler tags just in case anyone hasn't seen The Last Stand by now.

Anyway, I mentioned Blade, and was just thinking, wouldn't he have been a good character for Ultimate Alliance?

I don't think so..I think he's a little too far out there.

I suppose he'd be too busy killing Vampires, but some people seem to forget he's a Marvel character.