Rage

Gryph

But let's not forget, id is the forefront on practically all new engine technologies since Unreal has them on the run for their money. Tech 5 looks much better overall as a technical aspect vs UE3.

I can't wait to dive into Tech 5's SDK and have tons of fun.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But let's not forget, id is the forefront on practically all new engine technologies since Unreal has them on the run for their money. Tech 5 looks much better overall as a technical aspect vs UE3.

I can't wait to dive into Tech 5's SDK and have tons of fun.

Yeah id tech 5's tools look really awesome.

I wonder if any other engine will come out this generation that looks better than this. The big advantage this engine has is the unique texturing which requires a major shift in development style. It's not as easy as just making more hi-res textures and more poly characters and maybe adding more post processing effects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.destructoid.com/360-version-of-...cs-104028.phtml

Seems that everyone's going to get skewed because Microsoft wanted more money for a 3rd disc on the game. This makes me pissed now actually, Microsoft you've been playing nice this entire time but this is just a low blow, and before anyone comments, yes, it's their fault.

Shouldn't the supported platform list read PC, PS3, 360, Mac? Theres no such thing as a Mac anymore, there are however PC's running OSX, which makes it nothing more than a *nix box.

I'm starting to get the feeling of overhype with this game though. Nothing ID has put out since the original Doom/Doom 2 has been "WOW!" and worthy of the hype. Sure, they've been great games/engines but generally overhyped. Doom 3 was fun but wasn't "all that", Quake 4 kinda sucked. Quake 3 arena was nothing more than a tech demo........user content for that engine has made it what it is (And the engine was being used still far beyond where it should have)

Shouldn't the supported platform list read PC, PS3, 360, Mac? Theres no such thing as a Mac anymore, there are however PC's running OSX, which makes it nothing more than a *nix box.

What a ridiculous statement.

I'm starting to get the feeling of overhype with this game though. Nothing ID has put out since the original Doom/Doom 2 has been "WOW!" and worthy of the hype. Sure, they've been great games/engines but generally overhyped. Doom 3 was fun but wasn't "all that", Quake 4 kinda sucked. Quake 3 arena was nothing more than a tech demo........user content for that engine has made it what it is (And the engine was being used still far beyond where it should have)

I haven't felt much hype coming from the company yet. They've just shown 2 or 3 trailers with mostly the same footage and 2 screenshots so far. All of the interviews have been the exact same too with them giving out very little details about the game. I think the hype train will start sometime next year around Quakecon.

And Quake 3 was flocking amazing. Quite possibly the best deathmatch experience ever.

Quake 3 is still my favourite death match game. And I still find the graphics appealing.

Doom 3 had wonderful atmosphere, but I admit the gameplay just needed to be tweaked abit more. I felt it should have been more like Quake 4, which I thought was an absolute blast, a pleasure to play.