Rage

Gryph

This is FPS? The video didn't indicate it as such. But this reminds me of Blade runner or Escape from New York or Waterworld with post-apocalyptic future setting. I am looking forward to it, hopefully on X360.

Or maybe...Mad Max?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the new guy.

Your first sentence, no, actually play those games then look at the trailers.

I have played those games, and many more if not all major FPS games since almost the beginning, and a post apocalyptic setting like this is fairly original. It takes place in a desert, how else is a desert supposed to look?

At the second one, do I normally what? Is that even a real question? You stated you hated gamers, so yea, it would be a normal thing to attack you for being stupid and even having a young form of racism in your idiotic post. You even give the sense that you assume I'm the kind of poster you usually get at sh!tty forums, IE:Gamefags and Gamesh!t.

Of course it's a real question... You said first that it looks generic because it looks like other games. I said which games you gave me a list of games Rage looking nothing like. Your reply had that air of casual "I don't give a flock actually proving my point. Generic." What the flock kind of reply is that? There is way too much of that crap on the internet and especially on gaming forums. I then say that I hate gamers because in general we are just the biggest shitheads on the internet (myself included). We're just too cool to be impressed and we just have to chime in with our uninformed opinions as fact. You then said I suck giant cock which makes no sense so I obviously hit a nerve.

Young form of racism? What are you flocking retarded? I'm not even going to say anymore than that.

O, and opinions, whether they are backed or not, do mean something, it's just that it seems that you are incapable of grasping the concept.

Oh yeah, opinions that aren't backed do mean something. They mean that they're useless and can be easily disregarded by anyone who has a desire to not be mired in bullshit.

And Skythe is totally correct, this looks a lot like a Mad Max 3D which is completely off the walls flocking badass. They just have to make the driving look more solid than what's seen in the trailer.

Edited by Autobahn

At the new guy.

Your first sentence, no, actually play those games then look at the trailers.

I have played those games, and many more if not all major FPS games since almost the beginning, and a post apocalyptic setting like this is fairly original. It takes place in a desert, how else is a desert supposed to look?

At the second one, do I normally what? Is that even a real question? You stated you hated gamers, so yea, it would be a normal thing to attack you for being stupid and even having a young form of racism in your idiotic post. You even give the sense that you assume I'm the kind of poster you usually get at sh!tty forums, IE:Gamefags and Gamesh!t.

Of course it's a real question... You said first that it looks generic because it looks like other games. I said which games you gave me a list of games Rage looking nothing like. Your reply had that air of casual "I don't give a flock actually proving my point. Generic." What the flock kind of reply is that? There is way too much of that crap on the internet and especially on gaming forums. I then say that I hate gamers because in general we are just the biggest shitheads on the internet (myself included). We're just too cool to be impressed and we just have to chime in with our uninformed opinions as fact. You then said I suck giant cock which makes no sense so I obviously hit a nerve.

Young form of racism? What are you flocking retarded? I'm not even going to say anymore than that.

O, and opinions, whether they are backed or not, do mean something, it's just that it seems that you are incapable of grasping the concept.

Oh yeah, opinions that aren't backed do mean something. They mean that they're useless and can be easily disregarded by anyone who has a desire to not be mired in bullshit.

And Skythe is totally correct, this looks a lot like a Mad Max 3D which is completely off the walls flocking badass. They just have to make the driving look more solid than what's seen in the trailer.

"Post apocalyptic setting like this is fairly original"

Yea, of course it is, no ones done the end of the world and then go into a dessert form sense before >.>, world either ends in heat or in cold, you can't really be original when it's "post apocalyptic".

I did post a game list that shows the setting of as generic and that do give the same feeling of ID written all over Rage, but I guess you miss the point of my last statement, play some of these games, for real, and then sit down, and actually attempt to use the tiny brain of yours to analyze the bullsh!t trailer they're throwing out there atm.

To your reply of the young form of racism, don't avoid the subject by knocking it off like a dumb@ss, that blunt hatred of your towards people obviously with a higher I.Q of yours is really showing, especially when you dis-regard it as if it was a stupid comment. Don't hate what you don't understand, being stupid is ok, we got places for your kind all over the world.

If you want to feel that opinions backed by no sense of info is bullsh!t, by all means, keep thinking that :P. You throw no info in your post, just random blunt statements that state you've done things like "played FPS's", you have no proof that you've actually played it before, yet your still backing it up your opinion through your own experiences, and the equivalent of bullsh!t info is bullsh!t, so, are you calling yourself useless and a follower of bullsh!t itself?

Edit: If you want to go about "nerve" hitting, you started all this sh!t with your one statement, "I hate gamers", maybe if you where a more regular member of the board I'd ignore it, but your new here :(, you don't know anybody here, and you with that one statement right there you showed that you "hate" everybody here, since everybody here is a gamer.

I have played those games, and many more if not all major FPS games since almost the beginning, and a post apocalyptic setting like this is fairly original.

Most ignorant of the year award goes to that post. Post-apocalyptic is one of the most rehashed tropes in existence.

"Post apocalyptic setting like this is fairly original"

Yea, of course it is, no ones done the end of the world and then go into a dessert form sense before >.>, world either ends in heat or in cold, you can't really be original when it's "post apocalyptic".

How many post apocalyptic FPS/driving games are there? How many movies are like that? The post apocalyptic scenario is heavily based in a barren desert environment because it lends itself to a strong coherent style to have crazy survivalist bandits, crazy mutants, shanty towns, and everything else we see in the trailer. It's just a good setting for a game. If that type of setting doesn't appeal to you that's one thing but it's anything but generic.

What kind of environment would you expect in a post apocalyptic place? Purples trees and rivers made of chocolate?

I did post a game list that shows the setting of as generic and that do give the same feeling of ID written all over Rage, but I guess you miss the point of my last statement, play some of these games, for real, and then sit down, and actually attempt to use the tiny brain of yours to analyze the bullsh!t trailer they're throwing out there atm.

It's a game by id software and they have a style. Every studio has a style. To expect a company to abandon it's style is just ridiculous and not even worth discussing. That's like asking SqEnix to not make a faggoty game for faggots or Epic to not have stupid character design made to appeal to 16 year olds.

From this short ass trailer with few flashes of gameplay and character design you have concluded that it looks like Quake 2-4, Doom series, and Prey.

Here are two pics from Quake 4:

http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screenshots...ke4_small_1.jpg

http://web.gameguru.ru/img/img/quake_4/quake_4_large_12.jpg

Quake 4 is a game that takes almost entirely indoors which some small outdoor segments and (crappy) vehicle parts.

Here's two from Prey:

http://steamreview.org/wp-content/images/t...ttocallthis.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/xbox/1/7/g/F/prey2.jpg

Prey is another game that takes place almost entirely inside a Dyson sphere. All you do is run and shoot and occasionally fly this crazy thing. And your spirit leaves your body.

Here's two from Doom 3:

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/reviews/pc/doom-3/doom-3-a.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/compactiongames/1/0/E/4/doom3.jpg

And Doom 3 is a game that takes place in a dark science lab, hell, and some ruins. All you do is run and shoot.

And here are two pics just released for Rage that feature enemies seen in the trailer:

http://pc.gamespy.com/dor/objects/926419/i...1090140148.html

http://pc.gamespy.com/dor/objects/926419/r...1090136460.html

Rage takes place in a large open desert space with broken down shanty towns. It has driving segments and some RPG elements.

They look so similar. They're humanoids. They're carrying weapons. They have some sort of gear on. Definitely generic.

Give me a flocking break.

You also said "It looks like every other FPS out there." And then you list id software's titles. What?! Have YOU played any FPSes?

You're just wrong.

To your reply of the young form of racism, don't avoid the subject by knocking it off like a dumb@ss, that blunt hatred of your towards people obviously with a higher I.Q of yours is really showing, especially when you dis-regard it as if it was a stupid comment. Don't hate what you don't understand, being stupid is ok, we got places for your kind all over the world.

Oh I get it. You're one of those liberal dumbasses who get offended real easily. Yeah, being a gamer is the same as your genetically determined characteristics. Shut the flock up, seriously. It's perfectly OK being critical of a group because of stupid things they do and say. Things that they CHOSE to do and say, many times ignorantly. Like you. The only fault you can pin on me for that is using the word hate. I should have said "can't stand" or "really dislike" but the idea still stands. Gamers just love to ignorantly run their mouths on online forums.

If you want to feel that opinions backed by no sense of info is bullsh!t, by all means, keep thinking that :P. You throw no info in your post, just random blunt statements that state you've done things like "played FPS's", you have no proof that you've actually played it before, yet your still backing it up your opinion through your own experiences, and the equivalent of bullsh!t info is bullsh!t, so, are you calling yourself useless and a follower of bullsh!t itself?

Proof that I've played FPSes? What the flock? Why would I even bother posting any of this if I wasn't a fan of the genre? You made the claim that it looks generic so it's up to you to prove that it indeed looks generic.

Edit: If you want to go about "nerve" hitting, you started all this sh!t with your one statement, "I hate gamers", maybe if you where a more regular member of the board I'd ignore it, but your new here :(, you don't know anybody here, and you with that one statement right there you showed that you "hate" everybody here, since everybody here is a gamer.

My registration date and post count (and yours) has nothing to do with anything. It has nothing to do with me calling you out on a bullshit claim.

I am a gamer. I love games. I hate stupid gamers on forums that post dumb crap.

Now unless you can actually show that Rage is generic with screenshot comparisons then I don't really feel the need to continue this stupid debate. So say whatever you will, I'm done here.

I have played those games, and many more if not all major FPS games since almost the beginning, and a post apocalyptic setting like this is fairly original.

Most ignorant of the year award goes to that post. Post-apocalyptic is one of the most rehashed tropes in existence.

In any recent video game? You have to keep everything in context. You can't reference Fallout or Wasteland as games that have a desert post apocalyptic setting.

The screen shots you posted up, realize your posting up screen shots from parts of the game that "DO" look nothing like Rage, and that you should go a head and post shots from parts that do look like Rage, because all those games have segments that appear in form like rage (You said one part yourself, what happens when you die in Prey?).

Also, I never said anything about Doom 3, I mentioned DOOM, READ.

Now your calling me a liberal dumb ass, wow you do good expressing how "non-racist" you are. You don't know me, and yet your already attempting to categorize me into a group of something you despise/hate. Then you go on the claim I'm ignorant, again, you don't know me, making a statement like that when you don't know the person proves that you are both a hypocrite and a ignorant sleazeball, to me all you've shown is that your goal is to get the last word, and your not going to.

By the way, if you want to know my rules on insults, since you seem to think I get offended real easily, it's cool if you know the person, as long as the lines aren't cross. If you don't however (*cough*you just joined 1emu and are miserably attempting to prove a point like a 5 year old kid who just bought his first keyboard*cough*)then that person has no right to flat out insult you like that, and you did. Yes board date matters, not post count, board join date, saying that it doesn't is another obvious sign of your stupidity. If you worked in McDonald's(o gimme a break I'm already giving too much credit this body without a brain plays WoW) for 5 years, and the dude just joined up, who do you think deserves the promotion?

Every time I post something you don't understand you decide to mosh it off as if it meant nothing. You want a reason to as why you would even bother posting stupid sh!t (as you are right now) if you weren't a fanboy? For the sake of argument! If you don't understand a statement of mine because it's as hard as adding one plus one to you simply say "O master Akihiro, I don't understand this statement, please explain it to me", I'm going to explain it to you either way! Your still going to look like a little b!tch either way! At least in this form no argument is present and you show me that you are in fact a fanboy and not a reject in psychology class attempting to write his 0 paper.

There you go again with the "I hate gamers" comment, yea, I get it, you hate everybody, you hate yourself, your emo, I get it, it's cool.

Instead of me posting screen shots of the obvious, I'm going to let you decide whether or not the game is generic, you go ahead and search in google for pics to try and prove me wrong, because you attempting to still argue about this means your not after the proof that the fanboy in you desires, your after me, lay of my d!ck will you I got enough female organ there already.

This thread is all SERIOUS BUSINESS.

But Akihiro, I will agree that the burden of proof does lie somewhat on you. I've played all those games you mentioned and I think the claims you're making are a huge stretch at best.

I think Rage looks a hell of a lot like Borderlands. Or Borderlands looks a lot like Rage but neither of those are out yet so it's OK. Man this next year is going to be great for gaming. :(

And seriously, Autobahn, tone it down with the hate gamers crap. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you should hate them.

This thread is all SERIOUS BUSINESS.

But Akihiro, I will agree that the burden of proof does lie somewhat on you. I've played all those games you mentioned and I think the claims you're making are a huge stretch at best.

I think Rage looks a hell of a lot like Borderlands. Or Borderlands looks a lot like Rage but neither of those are out yet so it's OK. Man this next year is going to be great for gaming. :D

And seriously, Autobahn, tone it down with the hate gamers crap. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you should hate them.

It's cool G-Man, I know I'm stretching the claim but that's the feel I get from the trailer, I'm still just disappointed from Quake 4 and I feel ID's becoming the Blizzard of FPS, aiming more at new profit then the hardcore fan who's been playing their games from the start.