Rage

Gryph

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Carmack, the royalty fees to include a third disc in the Xbox 360 version would be so high that it simply isn't a feasible solution, with the programmer hoping for Microsoft to make a concession. He stressed that the issue is merely a storage problem and has nothing to do with the power of the Xbox 360 hardware.

I'll live.

According to Carmack, the royalty fees to include a third disc in the Xbox 360 version would be so high that it simply isn't a feasible solution, with the programmer hoping for Microsoft to make a concession. He stressed that the issue is merely a storage problem and has nothing to do with the power of the Xbox 360 hardware.

I'll live.

Yup, blu-ray IS good for something. You'll notice this DVD vs. Blu-Ray issue cropping up more and more over the years, bet on it. Happened with CD's, it'll happen with DVD's.

I'll live.

Yup, blu-ray IS good for something. You'll notice this DVD vs. Blu-Ray issue cropping up more and more over the years, bet on it. Happened with CD's, it'll happen with DVD's.

another advantage of blue-ray discs is thst they make great frisbees.

You're talking rubbish. Albums still come on CDs, and movies still come on DVDs.

BDs are good for large data migration. That's all. They read slowly and are expensive. This is why you see all these ridiculous mandatory installs for games- either load times are apaling, or a good chunk of the data has to sit on a HDD to be read at decent speeds. Blu-ray fails for console games. Sony shoved the tech on consumers and now you folks have to cop it and act as if it was a good idea.

id games are nothing to benchmark things by either. They are notorious users of hi-res textures. Remember when Doom 3 needed 512mb of vid card memory to be set on 'Ultra' when 256Mb cards were still the high end? And don't forget how long it took for PC games to shift to DVD as standard. Myst 3 and UT2004 were some of the first and the latter still had the standard 6-CD edition as recently as 2004- and the DVD had been around a long time by then.

I'm not exited....

It actually appears very generic .................

How exactly does that look generic?

I'm not too thrilled about that driving footage in the trailer. I'm sure they'll tweak that to perfection by release date. I'm sure the FPS combat will be great because id has always been the best at getting that feel of movement and gun fire right.