Ghostbusters game CANCELED?

Alpha

Say it isn't so, but the game has been canned by Activision. Hell, I thought the game was almost complete. It's truly a shame they decided not to complete the project.

Activision Blizzard has submitted its latest release schedule with no mention of forthcoming title from Terminal Reality, Ghostbusters, or Double Fine's Brutal Legend.

Additionally the company plans to "realign" staff at High Moon Studios and Radical Entertainment, while Massive Entertainment and Swordfish Studios are both under consideration for sale or closure.

The future is similarly bleak for Vivendi Games Mobile and Sierra Online, both of which have been designated as "non-strategic business units", with Activision publishing CEO Mike Griffith extolling an efficiency drive.

"We are focused on improving efficiency across the combined organisation and are concentrating on businesses where we have leadership positions that are aligned with Activision Publishing's long-term corporate objectives," he said in a statement.

"We have conducted a thorough review of Vivendi Games' brand portfolio and are retaining those franchises and titles that are a strong fit with our long-term product strategy. We are reviewing our options regarding those titles that we will not be publishing."

Currently Prototype, Crash Bandicoot and Ice Age have solid release dates following earlier rumoured cuts involved in the merger between Activision and Vivendi Games. The company will also retain The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and one other unnamed title.

"We are very excited to add such recognisable and successful brands as Crash Bandicoot, Ice Age and Spyro, which reinforce our leadership position in movie-based and family entertainment video games."

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/acti...ostbusters-game

Check out a YouTube video of the game:

O flock NO!!!

What the HELL!!????

This was one of the games I was following waiting for release, WHY THE flock would you cancel this when it obviously would bring in nothing but PROFIT.

Edit: Ok, the game still seems to be in development, just not having a current publisher atm, hopefully a company with brains will pick this up as soon as tomorrow morning.

C'mon, Ghostbusters is so yesterday. As much as I like to watch the movie and the cartoon series, now is not the time to publish a game about it which virtually most youngsters do not know about them.

this is a non interest game form me.... unless rick moranis and segorney weaver do it.

Yesterday's news that Activision Blizzard was only holding onto a select few Vivendi/Sierra properties going forward didn't look good for those awaiting the seemingly triumphant return of Ghostbusters. We contacted Sierra about the game's absence from Blizzavision's "to keep" list, and whether said omission spelled doom for the Ecto-1 crew. Good news, everyone: the game's not giving up the ghost.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/29/sierra-g...-not-cancelled/

the game will be released they will just have to shop around for a smart publisher, most older gamers will buy this game just cuz they remember the movies. and most new gamers will pick it up cuz its a very nice looking games. and reports from E3 where the game was playable they say it plays nice. so im not worried we will be playing this game prolly around next yr to make the i think 25th anniversary of the movies.

Apparently SCEA and SCEE are looking into publishing this game. Know what that means? PS3 exclusive. I'd get a link, but I'm sure you all can find the news yourself.

Apparently SCEA and SCEE are looking into publishing this game. Know what that means? PS3 exclusive. I'd get a link, but I'm sure you all can find the news yourself.

Oooo, PS3 exclusive. i am soooooo excited. :( So, this is going to make me go out and get a PS3..... :P<_<