If you're like me, you usually want the latest drivers for your rig. And you're willing to spend eons to get them.

Nowadays, it's a gigantic pain in the bunghole if you try and look for very specific drivers. All you'll find are all these forums and whatnot that charge exorbitant amounts of money to link to you to other people's works like driverguide.com. It's preposterous. Every lughead can find an nVidia driver. But finding something like Integrated OHCI IEEE 1394 Host Controller by O2Micro is an arduous and painful task. My question is, are there any FREE sites that offer the same services as driverguide or a proggie that faithfully identifies your drivers and looks them up on a free database with no strings attached?

I use special software that downloads the drivers for me.

Care to share? Is it free?

I seem to recall Driver Genius and Driver Magician in the past. They are both much the same IIRC. They scan for hardware, reference it with some database or other and download drivers as requested. The downloads are free, the apps themselves aren't.

Ive Never payed for a driver in my life, and i dont plan too either

I've never paid for software in my life, but that doesn't mean I can get any app I want at any given time. Some drivers are unfortunately nigh on impossible to locate for free.

as long as everything works, I don't care about drivers other then my video card of course.