People Who Need Help

Why is it that, when people need help with an emulator, they either speak a different language, or they just can't type with proper spelling and grammar?

Why don't we ever see a happy fellow who's read some books in his time that can actually spell properly, and actually does read what a person is telling them?

People who don't speak English always act as if a person never posted anything.

Yummi83:

Hi, my emulator vba 1.83 cant run this rom it's pokemon emerald.rar when i click open it say cannot open how do i fix this?

Person:

You need to extract the rom from the Pokemon Emerald.rar file, a .rar file is a compressed file. Download WinRAR from so and so website, and after done extracting, open the rom.

Yummi83:

yes, but why does emulator say it not working?

Why is it that, when people need help with an emulator, they either speak a different language, or they just can't type with proper spelling and grammar?

Why don't we ever see a happy fellow who's read some books in his time that can actually spell properly, and actually does read what a person is telling them?

People who don't speak English always act as if a person never posted anything.

Yummi83:

Hi, my emulator vba 1.83 cant run this rom it's pokemon emerald.rar when i click open it say cannot open how do i fix this?

Person:

You need to extract the rom from the Pokemon Emerald.rar file, a .rar file is a compressed file. Download WinRAR from so and so website, and after done extracting, open the rom.

Yummi83:

yes, but why does emulator say it not working?

Welcome to the Internet. Where people can be complete morons under the guise of anonymity.

Agreed, but, well, we were all noobs once. For someone who is not very computer-savvy, emulators, roms, archives and BIOS are all jibberish. Sometimes you can't fault them for not really understanding what they are talking about. Same goes for not speaking English.

The thing that really grinds my crap to a halt is when they don't listen to the advice people take the time to give them, either because it is too hard, they don't want to admit they did something wrong or just because they'd prefer to be spoonfed.

I also am not a fan of people doing absolutely 0 research / reading / searching before posting their questions. We can be expected to help at problem points but not hold everyone's hand. Do the digging yourself first you lazy motherflockers. We all did.

If there is one more post in the PSP forum about people asking 'what is a CFW' or 'how do I play emulators' without having done any legwork whatsoever themselves, I am going to ban the moron, spam their email and maybe even slash their tyres / murder their children.

I'm not baffled by the fact that noobs post bullsh!t, I'm baffled that only people who are from somewhere outside of North America always have problems with emulators.

from somewhere outside of north america WTF.

so there are there are no noobs(even though i dont like that term) in the states?

One thing I also thought about, what if in their language they do actually speak with proper grammar and spelling, and the English language conflicts with their understanding of what the flock we are saying.

With how proper we type, they may not be able to fully understand what we are saying, so their best move would be to post in their first language, then we could machine translate it, and post a response back and translate that response. That's too much trouble though, are English forums the majority in forum languages on the internet?

One thing I also thought about, what if in their language they do actually speak with proper grammar and spelling, and the English language conflicts with their understanding of what the flock we are saying.

With how proper we type, they may not be able to fully understand what we are saying, so their best move would be to post in their first language, then we could machine translate it, and post a response back and translate that response. That's too much trouble though, are English forums the majority in forum languages on the internet?

I'd surmise so, since English is the world's top used language. It's strange for you to assume they automatically speak both English and their native language at the same basic level. Most people will speak their native language fairly well, but if the grammar is different then naturally they'd have a harder time learning English. Believe it or not, even in this day of age, not everyone has mastered its intricacies.

Also, I'd like to echo fumanchu's question here. What makes you so certain the majority of people from the States are born with the knowledge that everyone else seems to be missing? It'd say that's a bit prideful and baseless really, idiocy can be found in equal quantities everywhere.

Not to mention that everyone else outside the U.S. regards americans as the dumbest form of life on the planet. I'm not being conflictive here, just sharing my observations.

I'm assuming it's because the vast majority of docs/tuts etc are in English, and they are not always well written. So they can figure out what they can and bring the rest here. From my experience with doujin shooters, that are mostly in Japanese, it can be a struggle when you fall upon an error message that it is usually impossible to translate.

I'm not baffled by the fact that noobs post bullsh!t, I'm baffled that only people who are from somewhere outside of North America always have problems with emulators.

Wow.

I'm not saying or anything about the knowledge of American citizens or undermining that, I am talking about the fact that it's coincidental that people who need emulator help in these forums always state something like, (sorry, bad English).

Which I assume means, English is not my first language.

I'm also assuming you acknowledge that English is spoken outside of the US? I realise we don't have as good a grip on it as you American folks, but we try our bestest :)

I'm not saying or anything about the knowledge of American citizens or undermining that, I am talking about the fact that it's coincidental that people who need emulator help in these forums always state something like, (sorry, bad English).

yeah but there are countless threads with people who as you say speak proper english,who dont know a monkeys about emus either.