MvC3?!?

Inky

Mortal Kombat IV was the first Mortal Kombat game that abandoned the either hated or loved palette swap tradition.

I'm sure that in Mortal Kombat III, people had different stances, and everyone had their own unique looking combos, while sharing normals.

DA was the first Mortal Kombat game that fully distinguished the ninja and female ninja characters.

Along with that new heavy distinction, came marvelously slow and clunky gameplay.

Everyone had different fighting styles, and only a select few characters had the same normals, but in the end the gameplay sucked.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's because MKvsDC is bound to share nearly everyone's normals :/

Which happened in the previous games really. Everyone just didn't seem different enough. Never helped that there was only one voice for males and females each as well. Characters lacked personality a lot. For all the fighting stances introduced, they all looked so similar it was annoying.

Did you play DA or Deception? Y/N

If yes; While they looked similar, they handled differently in damage, timing and flavor. The key word there is looked. While in the past MK games (MK1 to Gold) everyone HAD the same normals. Same animation, damage, timing. The only difference between characters were Special Moves and Special Normals compared to DA and Deception. NOW it looks and feels like that from watching the videos. They even have the same enders, like the leg trip. Most of them thus far even have TELEPORTS. FRIKING TELEPORTS.

If no;

1. Play DA and Deception

2. Compare the damage of normals.

3. Take notes.

4. ???

5. PROF... No.

I've played DA extensively and a bit of D. Gameplay-wise, yes, they handled differently. But that didn't stop them from looking the same in most cases. They all FELT like the same model with a different texture. And yeah, what the flying fvck is with all the teleports?

I believe it's because MKvsDC is bound to share nearly everyone's normals :/

Which happened in the previous games really. Everyone just didn't seem different enough. Never helped that there was only one voice for males and females each as well. Characters lacked personality a lot. For all the fighting stances introduced, they all looked so similar it was annoying.

Did you play DA or Deception? Y/N

If yes; While they looked similar, they handled differently in damage, timing and flavor. The key word there is looked. While in the past MK games (MK1 to Gold) everyone HAD the same normals. Same animation, damage, timing. The only difference between characters were Special Moves and Special Normals compared to DA and Deception. NOW it looks and feels like that from watching the videos. They even have the same enders, like the leg trip. Most of them thus far even have TELEPORTS. FRIKING TELEPORTS.

If no;

1. Play DA and Deception

2. Compare the damage of normals.

3. Take notes.

4. ???

5. PROF... No.

I've played DA extensively and a bit of D. Gameplay-wise, yes, they handled differently. But that didn't stop them from looking the same in most cases. They all FELT like the same model with a different texture. And yeah, what the flying fvck is with all the teleports?

Every male in Deception had the exact amount of muscle definition.

It states "I don't care".

It reads "I'm to lonely and want attention so let me be the outcast in this thread and post the opposite of the rest".

Negative.

It states "I don't care".

It reads "I'm to lonely and want attention so let me be the outcast in this thread and post the opposite of the rest".

Except there's more than one of us who thinks you're nuts, so we're not really outcast.

In order to jump on the bandwagon, I'm here to proclaim that I don't care much either. I'd rather wait 'till the game is out and then draw my conclusions about the characters, balance and all that crap. Well, it's been a rather interesting read post-wise thusfar. What don't really get is the level of zealotry that comes with this entire series. I mean sure, both games have been good and quite fun, they that were not that good.

What I am glad to see though is that 1Emulation doesn't have as many rabid MvC fans as the rest of the Internet, it seems.