MvC3?!?

Inky

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, I don't want 54 characters where only 6 of them are used.

I do want 54 characters, but fuking balance them out.

Name another game that has at least 35+ characters and has been moderately balanced that everyone has a fighting chance against each other.

My Thoughts exactly

But if they keep it 2D, this game will sell VERY well

MAH-VELL had a very limited run when released on PS2 and it was only until it was out of print it was in high demand (selling for 100 dollars now compared to 2 years ago when it barely hit 60). 2D has, from the looks of the general consensus, died. Mind you that's the art style of the game, however, if the gameplay was 2D (like Battle Fantasia, SF4, TvC) then it would appeal to more massive audience other than the core group of MAH-VELL players. I could careless for MAH-VELL other than the fact it produces great drama in the scene (dp mouthing off against WC) and it's fun as hell to watch (jwong comebacks baby! yipes commentary also) but not to play (their using Cable/Pysk/Set against your crappy team of Jill/Ruby/Amigo T_T).

On that note, has ANYONE tried Battle Fantasia yet? It's like GGXX in 3D.

2.5D doesn't exist, it's a term created to cater games that are in 3D, but play in a strictly 2D plane of gameplay. Also known as "No Side Stepping".

Name another game that has at least 35+ characters and has been moderately balanced that everyone has a fighting chance against each other.

My Thoughts exactly

But if they keep it 2D, this game will sell VERY well

MAH-VELL had a very limited run when released on PS2 and it was only until it was out of print it was in high demand (selling for 100 dollars now compared to 2 years ago when it barely hit 60). 2D has, from the looks of the general consensus, died. Mind you that's the art style of the game, however, if the gameplay was 2D (like Battle Fantasia, SF4, TvC) then it would appeal to more massive audience other than the core group of MAH-VELL players. I could careless for MAH-VELL other than the fact it produces great drama in the scene (dp mouthing off against WC) and it's fun as hell to watch (jwong comebacks baby! yipes commentary also) but not to play (their using Cable/Pysk/Set against your crappy team of Jill/Ruby/Amigo T_T).

On that note, has ANYONE tried Battle Fantasia yet? It's like GGXX in 3D.

2.5D doesn't exist, it's a term created to cater games that are in 3D, but play in a strictly 2D plane of gameplay. Also known as "No Side Stepping".

How come it doesn't exist if you just explained it? Everyone knows that, the explanation was unnecessary. 2-and-a-half-dimensional or pseudo-3D, however the hell you wanna call it, it's still a valid term.

This explanation is necessary because your half-wit mind doesn't comprehend that on a technical level, 2.5 dimensions is IMPOSSIBLE. There for it's doesn't exist. Do HALF dimensions exist? No. It's theoretically impossible to have in the first place. Hence it's a term to a gameplay perspective, not an actual dimensional plane of existence. There is no in between dimensions.

The game is 3D, plane and simple. The gameplay is 2D. That's the difference. 2.5D is, like I said, a term that was developed because the gameplay was 2D. The plane of play is only left to right and up to down, the 2nd dimension. Like paper, the dimension is flat. Can you make paper 3D? Can you make paper 2.5D? No, you can't.

Pseudo-3D? You know what's that? Pre-rendered backgrounds with pre-renders sprites on screen to give it the feel of 3D, such as the SNES port of Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country.

l2physics buddy

(see, now this WHOLE post and yours wasn't necessary, but we both did it anyways)

This explanation is necessary because your half-wit mind doesn't comprehend that on a technical level, 2.5 dimensions is IMPOSSIBLE. There for it's doesn't exist. Do HALF dimensions exist? No. It's theoretically impossible to have in the first place. Hence it's a term to a gameplay perspective, not an actual dimensional plane of existence. There is no in between dimensions.

The game is 3D, plane and simple. The gameplay is 2D. That's the difference. 2.5D is, like I said, a term that was developed because the gameplay was 2D. The plane of play is only left to right and up to down, the 2nd dimension. Like paper, the dimension is flat. Can you make paper 3D? Can you make paper 2.5D? No, you can't.

Pseudo-3D? You know what's that? Pre-rendered backgrounds with pre-renders sprites on screen to give it the feel of 3D, such as the SNES port of Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country.

l2physics buddy

(see, now this WHOLE post and yours wasn't necessary, but we both did it anyways)

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. What you actually failed to comprehend was that we understood that just fine, without needing you to flaunt your knowledge that no one else seems to posses according to you. Everyone knows what 2.5D is, and yes, we know it's impossible on a technical level. Stop being an arrogant douche and get over yourself.

Learn to read buddy, what I said was "it would suck if MvC3 would be 2.5D, like SF4. That alone should enlighten you as to why your first and second post were completely unnecessary. Believe it or not, we were talking about how the game would look and play. So unless I'm mistaken and you can side step around the arena in SF4, then it's 2.5D in my book.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. What you actually failed to comprehend was that we understood that just fine, without needing you to flaunt your knowledge that no one else seems to posses according to you. Everyone knows what 2.5D is, and yes, we know it's impossible on a technical level. Stop being an arrogant douche and get over yourself.

Learn to read buddy, what I said was "it would suck if MvC3 would be 2.5D, like SF4. That alone should enlighten you as to why your first and second post were completely unnecessary. Believe it or not, we were talking about how the game would look and play. So unless I'm mistaken and you can side step around the arena in SF4, then it's 2.5D in my book.

I will never stop being an arrogant person just to satisfy the intrawebs. So you can take your opinion and make like the wind, and get out.

No.

Really, I have to ask why such enthusiasm. I know MvsC 2 is enjoyed by many, but quite frankly I thought the first game was better.

What could possibly make a 3rd so great?

I agree.

First one was better. Second had better button configuration though and more characters. If only the second one was as balanced and enjoyable as the first.

Hopefully part three combines the best aspects of both.

How about Tekken? At least, most of the characters got a fighting chance against any characters. Granted, some characters have safer and unpunishable moves but you can still get by it.