Mame Plus Neo Geo bios

Firstly, this is not a rom request...

What the hell is going on with Mame Plus and the neogeo bios? I am using Mame Plus XT 0.126. First I encountered numerous errors with missing Uni bios files and the like. I managed to fix most of it by shoving bins into the neogeo.zip file. The only error I get now is a missing neo-po.bin. What is this file and where does it come from?

I have all Neo-Geo bios files that I know of (all uni bios and aes/neo cd bios files) but I cannot see this particular bin file anywhere. Is there some bin under a different name that needs adding to the neogeo.zip file? (After adding the files inside the aes bios I got rid of a differently named bin from the error list). It seems as though these games run but at the moment I cannot get the games to show up under 'available' as they won't pass audit.

Neo-Geo games pass properly in Mame XT 32 with the regular neogeo.zip but I wanted to try out Mame Plus. I cannot find any information anywhere as to what this elusive file is and why it is needed.

Edited by hi_resurrection

It's the Japanese AES bios.
Oh, OK. Thanks for the information. Where do I get it from (only joking). :(

That's what I needed. More information on what the file actually was.

EDIT: I just tried running a Neo game on all territory settings (US MVS, Universal, Asia AES etc) and the game did not run when I selected Japan AES. Obviously you are correct iq_132 - I find it strange that just this one file missing is enough to be categorised as 'unavailable' in Mame when I'm not even going to play the Japanese home version.

Edited by hi_resurrection

I just found the bloody thing (I would have never found it without the Japan AES knowledge).

All Neo-Geo games have now passed audit. Thanks a lot, couldn't have fixed it without your information.

2 hours of searching and then found it 5 mins after reading your post. Thanks again. :(

• 1 year later...