Mortal Kombat: Blood Storm

I hope that's not the case. Looks like easily the best Mortal Kombat Mugen I've seen.

• 3 months later...

That post was over a year ago, and it's not clear if he was talking about Blood Storm or another MK project. Has anyone heard any actual news from this year? If not then hard drive crash or not Blood Storm's probably not coming out. Shame, but at least we still have Trilogy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Lame is a good word for it, because there's so much effort put into the look and the effects, etc, but the gameplay looks like total ass. It'll be basically, learn every combo, learn every fatality, listen to every sound and music, and then there's no game to keep you coming for more once that's over. The new moves are out of control and unbalanced for MK standards and there's no reason to take things to an MvC2 level because that's not MK.

Looks cool, isn't going to be fun if you can ever play people in it.

While that's a valid opinion, it's not likely Blood Storm will ever be completed. Shame though, I'd have a lot of fun playing it. It's over the top on purpose.

That's very disappointing, to visit the same YouTube page one time in over a year and a half and see no progress. At this point they should probably go ahead and close down the channel so people can stop wasting their time, constantly questioning the progress of the mugen mod.

An official cancelation post would have been a good idea. I was over at the Mugen Fighters Guild yesterday, and there seem to be lots of Mortal Kombat WIPs. All of them aparantly edits of the Mortal Kombat Project. Which although has tonnes of characters, just doesn't look well presented. It's full of bad sprite edits, and silly made up characters. I saw one vid of it showing a scorpion edit that just looked like he was covered in poop. Blood Storm looked like it would have been a well polished game.