PvPGN (Battle.net/Westwood Online) Server

I've compiled the latest SVN of PvPGN and am now running it in place of the official 1.8.3. It is a completely new "install", but I have move user accounts and characters over. Old server backed up and waiting incase this turns out to be not so good.

I have gone ingame with Diablo 2, got as far as I did before with Tiberian Sun, and now started a game of C&C Renegade and gotten ingame (Though waiting, without any other players) without any hiccups.

Thus, the server now supports some all WOL games.

C&C Renegade

C&C Red Alert 1 (Expansions as well I believe)

Nox and Nox Quest

As well as the others listed in the original post. I do believe Tiberian Sun: Firestorm also works, but I haven't yet tried.

If anyone wants to play ANYTHING (Except the Nox games) just hop on #1emu on EFNet and let me know, and I'll join you.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go grab my discs after I tuck the wife in (She hates the fact I'm working nights and CANNOT possibly go to sleep at 1am), hop on the server if you like.......I'll go sit in the RA2 chat channel through Tiberian Sun until I'm ready.

Or maybe not.....can't seem to get into the other chans. Jump on the regular IRC channel.

Ok I am infact waiting in the first RA2 channel........I think.

Kind of hard to tell, as the actual name isn't shown in another client. In Tiberian Sun, the default channel is called "GDI Barracks" but would show up as Tiberian_Sun_1 to other clients that go through the listing.

Ok here's what's happening for me. I've installed, patched, copied the HOSTS. In game I go to Internet, enter details and eventually got it to work.

Now when I click Custom Match, I connect and find myself in a channel called 'USA Command'. However within 10 secs of just sitting here I get an error 'You have been disconnected from the server'.

Any ideas?

That might have been me, I restarted the server. The SVN build doesn't appear to be showing users in the GUI of the main server app, doesn't have a context menu anymore either (I think they're trying to do away with the GUI entirely......at least, stripping it down to nothing but a console)

BlackKnight was having problems connecting and staying connected with RA2 last night. I'm not entirely aware of what is causing the problem, or if it's even on my end.

I've made a couple changes, but I need someone with Tiberian Sun or newer to help me out here! So far, only he has tried connecting through RA2 unsucessfully. Not sure if it's just this game, or a WOL problem across the board.

If you are going to connect with RA2, make sure you have patch 1.006. If anything else, the latest patch. Just follow the Tiberian Sun instructions, as they encompass ALL WOL clients.

Get ahold of me on IRC or something if you intend to help/play, so I can assist/play too!