PS3 Busted?

razydude

ok..ive had my ps3 for almost a year already and its always worked fine but today when i turned it on it wouldnt read any discs...blu ray or dvds. the icon in the top right corner goes on for about 6 sec and it stops like if it read the game but the game wont come up... same thing happens with movies...any suggestions???

yeah i do but i waz hoping it wouldnt come to having to replace it or have it repaired by sony... wat i wanna know is wat caused it...i played it yesterday... i waz playin metal gear online around 11pm and turned it off after finishing a game session then this morning nothing could be read...just bums me out

ok now im freaking out. i decided i waz gonna back up just the saved data of my games to my psp memory stick since i dont have anything else bigger than a gig but now i found out that it wont read it either! now what do i do...if i send it to sony theyll delete everything or theyll just give me a new one whick is practicly the same thing....this blows :D

i called up sony today. they said they need the hard drive so that options out i dont know why the ps3 wont read the memory stick...the icon doesnt come up but the ps3 obviously reads it cuz when i tried formating it worked but i cant do anything else with it...any one know why this could be happenin???