Anyone gotten Makaron to run games?

I'm Having big time problems getting this emulator to run any selfboot .cdi .I'm curious if anyone else has gotten this rolling..looks like the sytem requirements are much less than the very nice nulldc and chankcast.. I suspect it's my flash.bin... anyone?

Personally, I haven't. That emulator's too quirky and experimental to make full sense out of it. Might have something to do with the fact that it tends to be very picky about the BIOS files you use.

Then again, I haven't tried the latest Test version. I'll get back to you once I do some tinkering.

• 4 weeks later...

today i renamed my dc bios and flash to the appropriate file names and it loaded but thats a far as i can get. As soon as the emu load i get the pvr window and a few seconds later it crashes. I dont see any way to adjust/select settings before this window pops up rendering this emu useless. If i find out what im doing wrong ill post how to get it working here.

Ive had no major issues with nulldc, demul, or chankast so its not my bios or

whatnot.

It's mostly due to the way Makaron handles the Flash files (read: nazi-style). That's also the most likely reason why I haven't been able to get anything booted with the emulator, regardless that I'm using the exact BIOS files as the author himself.

I've even tried some things to "fix" suggested by the author in the documentation, but my efforts have proven fruitless so far. Although judging by the dev log, if you do namage to get any thing running in Makaron, the emulator would be the best thing since, well, all the other Dreamcast emulators. Well, the user interface is craptastic, so that's that'll turn away most regular Joes from the get-go.

Ive gotten a few .cdi to boot in this emu it uses a kinda weird system you have to edit the .ini files and put bios files in rom folder,for what ever reason i cant get nuldc to work at all it keeps getting stuck at time date screen it wont let me finish the screen when i press a to continue..