Dead Rising getting a Wii port

Wizard

It's very possible to port it and I'll tell you how;

Add an overall draw distance.

Lower world overall poly count.

Lower the textures.

The basic "Optimize for Nintendo" hardware.

Other than Nintendo, Capcom actually knows how to utilize each console's strengths from their past achievement with DMC4.

It was a game I hoped for on Wii, I am only too happy to see it being ported now.

People talk about the number of zombies on screen in the 360 version, but if the PS2 can do the Mardi Gras stage from Hitman Blood Money, I think the Wii will be able to cope with the zombies.

Well, I finally got around to playing it on the 360 this morning, and I have to say that I think this game is amazing. I really want to sit down with it for a good long while and play through it all the different ways I can. Depending on the ETA for the port, I might wait, see how it does on the Wii, and then play it there.

from the translation 1up did of the famitsu article, sounds like they're going for a RE4 over the shoulder perspective for the game, and that unfortunately the photography element has been ditched

how are they gonna ditch photography? thats the whole story.......

Dead Rising is one of those greats that kinda gets overlooked. like Ico on ps2. I really want DR2.

Dead Rising Wii screens:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermov...aylist=featured

Looks like they dumbed down textures quite a bit.

Fingers crossed the textures will improve before release. I had thought they would go the route of smaller more confined areas to maximise the impact of (more than likely) reduced zombie numbers. As someone said though, Nintendo aside, Capcom are probably the most capable of exceeding the Wii's graphical limitations.

Dead Rising Wii screens:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermov...aylist=featured

Looks like they dumbed down textures quite a bit.

Fingers crossed the textures will improve before release. I had thought they would go the route of smaller more confined areas to maximise the impact of (more than likely) reduced zombie numbers. As someone said though, Nintendo aside, Capcom are probably the most capable of exceeding the Wii's graphical limitations.

Increasing texture size & quality = Lower frame rate !

They need to make them as good as possible at the lowest possible method to do it.