Dead Rising getting a Wii port

Wizard

technically its not e3 news so it deserves its own thread.

From Famitsu:

deadrisingal1.th.jpg

Latest Famitsu shows Dead Rising for Wii.

Interview snippets:

- RE4 Wii sold well so Capcom is porting DR

- As much as possible Capcom will match the 360 look.

- Is taking into mind casual gamers' needs

- Playable w/ Wiimote and nunchuck. There are waggle atacks similar to RE4 Wii.

Wow, didn't see this coming a mile away.

It seems a bit too late in the game for this.

What do you mean?

This game is soon to be 2 years old....ewww

That basically, and with hundreds of zombies on screen at one time, there's no question that the Wii has a large possibility of consistent lag.

It seems a bit too late in the game for this.

What do you mean?

This game is soon to be 2 years old....ewww

That basically, and with hundreds of zombies on screen at one time, there's no question that the Wii has a large possibility of consistent lag.

I'm sure they would alter some things to overcome such lag. Not doing so sounds kind of unlikely.

I don't see the problem with a game being two years old. People seemed ecstatic when they heard they were releasing Chrono Trigger on the DS, and that game is 10+ years old. And bad.

I can understand a concern that porting something from the 360 to the Wii might not work perfectly, but I'll wait and see how they do.

Well Chrono Trigger was a classic, and lives in the heart of many.

While Dead Rising was a "Buy when 360 had no other game" game, average, a schnup, not a bad game, but you buy it after it hits bargain bin/greatist hits.

The joy of the game mostly arises from having many zombies on screen and doing some major ass kicking in various ways, if they lower the zombie count to make up for the Wii's poo poo hardware, then some of the joy will be lost from the original port.

The joy of the game mostly arises from having many zombies on screen and doing some major ass kicking in various ways, if they lower the zombie count to make up for the Wii's poo poo hardware, then some of the joy will be lost from the original port.

I don't think they're lowering the zombie count. Probably texture levels and such.