SvC Plus on Kawa-X (xbox emu)

N3oGhost

i have another hex editor program at home but i'm at work right now, i could email you later with that info. i use it to modify halo maps so i know this shouldn't do damage. so you use p1 from svc and p2 from kof98 and the game runs huh? i'll try when i get home. thanx dude. do you happen to have rage of the dragons, metrimelee or crouchin tiger hidden dragon 2003 workin on kawa-x as well. I got kof 2002 workin

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH SAGATT, I GET OFF IN 2 MORE HOURS. I ALMOST FORGOT THOUGH, THIS HEX EDITOR I USED I DOUBLE THE SIZE WITH NOT SPLIT. WITH WINHEX, I SPLIT THEM AND GOT IT FINE. IF ANYTHING IF YOU'RE HAVING PROBLEMS, YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS. 1 - EITHER TRY THE ONE I HAVE OR TRY ANOTHER HEX EDITOR THAT'S OUT THERE OR 2 - I HAVE THEM SPLIT ALREADY AND MAYBE SOMEHOW I CAN SEND THEM TO YOU.

ive also been trying to get this working with little/no success..

ive made ones that do the setup screen type stuff that you cant get past (black w/ blue checkerboard type effect etc), usually with samurai shodown/garou replacements.. and ive made other replacements with stuff like kof98, which works in practice mode but locks up on dialogue screens in single/vs (shame cos everything else is 100% fine).

also tried different p1 splits, 1 meg p1 5 meg p2, 3-3, 2-4 etc.. even using the original p1 renamed to p2.. usually just wont load at all.

hazarding a guess id say getting those dialogue screens out or working is the key, but thats just a guess.

even tried winhexing the kawax.xbe, no dice on that either.

i'll have another try later on but atm i cant think of much else :/ the progess in above posts sounds promising as well, hope we get a working version soon :D cant stand playing fighting games on the pc.

o btw, the util i used to cut up the p1 is called "X Cut".. same method as someone else was doing i think.

Edited by Schwag

Gamecop brought it to my attention that this thread had received some replys. Apparently a lot of you are interested to get this game running even if its not perfect.

I used an application called "X-CUT"

I fired it up and set it to 1mb split.

It created 7 files from the svc.p1.rom

svc.p1.rom.0,svc.p1.rom.1,svc.p1.rom.2,etc,etc,etc

all of these new roms were each 1mb........the 7th file was 0kb(i dont know why but it did this)

I then went into the command prompt (start/run/cmd or you can do it other ways)

Now its time to MERGE some of these roms to create the 5mb p2 rom.

navigate to where you have these roms and type the following command to COPY roms aka merge.

copy /b svc.p1.rom.1+svc.p1.rom.2+svc.p1.rom.3+etc+etc+etc (even include the 0kb rom then ENTER

it will create a new svc.p1.rom.1 that is 5mb

this is your p2 rom.

notice that i started with svc.p1.rom.1..........even though there is a svc.p1.rom.0

the svc.p1.rom.0 is your 1mb p1 rom

you can re-name it to svc.p1.rom if you like

now that you have the 1mb and 5mb roms you are nearly ready but you still need to double the size of your m1 rom since the m1 for kof98 or Strikers is twice the size of this svc m1 rom.

go back into command prompt and do the following

copy /b svc_m1.rom+svc_m1.rom svc.m11.rom

notice the last part is named something different.......you can choose what you want it to be called, the important thing to note is that it MUST be different than the file you are copying/doubling........so it creates a new file, otherwise it will simply copy it without doing anything else.

hit enter and you will have svc.m11.rom that is 2 times bigger

(((NOTE------in these examples my rom file names may not be exactly like the original svc rom names.....disregard my filenames and do it like the actual roms are named.....im going by memory and this serves as an example not a complete tutorial.)))

now you have your 1mb p1.rom, 5mb p2.rom and your doubled m1.rom

now just rename all the roms to match kof98 file names, zip it all up as kof98.zip and run it!!

i hope this helps some of you. I will be happy to submit the p1,p2 and m1 rom i created if i were assured it would reach everyone.

GameCOP, contact me ASAP for this please.

NeoCverA

Edited by neocvera

thnks, neo

another easy way to split/join this Ps is:

download winhex (full version) :D

in the -file manager command,find split..

split you svc_p1.rom in 6 files of 1 mb

then, pres alt-k(concatenate)

join the files from 2 to 6

rename svc_p2.rom(5mb)

don't touch the 1st file! is your p1(1mb)

enjoy!

the m1 most be resize!

i hope find whit neocvera help the original p1-p2 files or

any neogeo rom which accepts the files from svcplus

i will try whit garou now.

see ya! :D