SvC Plus on Kawa-X (xbox emu)

N3oGhost

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CVS is working perfectly now. i reinstalled flashget and DLed the whole pack, so it's good.

now i can't get metal slug 4 working. first off, i'm not sure which one to use. is it the mslug4 containing the.bins or the NRX containing the.roms? the mslug4 doesn't have the 3rd and 4th v files, the NRX has everything, except the 5th and 6th c files are only 4MB instead of 8MB. i patched the.xbe to use the rbff.bins, but i can go back if it's easier. i just need to know where the roms come from. seems like i got a bad dump....or two.

hey wait, none of them had the 7th and 8th c files. did they come from kof99p? i forgot to ask about that.

Edited by Goenitz

CVS is working perfectly now. i reinstalled flashget and DLed the whole pack, so it's good.

now i can't get metal slug 4 working. first off, i'm not sure which one to use. is it the mslug4 containing the.bins or the NRX containing the.roms? the mslug4 doesn't have the 3rd and 4th v files, the NRX has everything, except the 5th and 6th c files are only 4MB instead of 8MB. i patched the.xbe to use the rbff.bins, but i can go back if it's easier. i just need to know where the roms come from. seems like i got a bad dump....or two.

To Get perfectly Metal Slug 4 (MSlug4nd), use it instead of Last Blade 2 or Real Bout FF 2, open your default.xbe with a hex editor & change C5 & C6 roms sizes (8 Mb to 4 Mb) & if you use RBFF2, also change M1 size : 256 Kb to 128 Kb (replace 4 with 2 before M1 CRC). Don't use Metal Slug 4 encrypted romset with Kawa-X.

:(+Dec 5 2003, 07:59 AM-->

QUOTE(Gouki :P @ Dec 5 2003, 07:59 AM)

To Get perfectly Metal Slug 4 (MSlug4nd), use it instead of Last Blade 2 or Real Bout FF 2, open your default.xbe with a hex editor & change C5 & C6 roms sizes (8 Mb to 4 Mb) & if you use RBFF2, also change M1 size : 256 Kb to 128 Kb (replace 4 with 2 before M1 CRC). Don't use Metal Slug 4 encrypted romset with Kawa-X.

Do what Gouki says or download the patch at the kawax plus site and follow instructions.

thanks, but where in the xbe can i modify the C5, C6, and M1 files? i assume it's somewhere different from the SVC roms.

[edit] like i said, i already patched the xbe to play the rbff2.bins. the problem was that some of the files in my metal slug 4 zips were different sizes than those from your.jpg. i don't know which ones are right and if i got good dumps. i also only ever see filenames, so i don't even know for sure which one is "Metal Slug 4 encrypted romset." it seems like the NRX version has everything, but the files mentioned above were different sizes. instead of hexing the.xbe (which i can do if i know where to go) i'd prefer to just use the roms that you used in your.jpg

[another edit] if it helps, i've had it running for a while, but the video's screwed up. the characters and the music are perfect, but the background is all glitched. maybe someone could tell me what rom is bad that way. also, it's been like this whether i used the kof99p clone or the rbff2 clone.

Edited by Goenitz

thanks, but where in the xbe can i modify the C5, C6, and M1 files?

To get MSlug4nd instead of The Last Blade 2 :

Open Kawa-X default.xbe to change C5 & C6 roms sizes :

For C5 rom size, Go To 0x0013D4C6 : Put 40 instead of 80.

For C6 rom size, Go To 0x0013D4DA : Put 40 instead of 80.

or

To get MSlug4nd instead of Real Bout FF 2 :

Open Kawa-X default.xbe to change C5, C6 & M1 roms sizes :

For M1 rom size, Go To 0x0013970A : Put 02 instead of 04.

For C5 rom size, Go To 0x00139606 : Put 40 instead of 80.

For C6 rom size, Go To 0x0013961A : Put 40 instead of 80.

works wonderfully. i have asked and i have received. thank you guys.

[edit] if someone can explain how they know where to find the hex values for these rom sizes in the default.xbe, i'd love to find that out. i could be one less guy bugging you about next time.

Edited by Goenitz

I did everything perfect But I cant get it to load. Everything is remaned as in the picture and I am using kawa-x plus pack. It will load the first nine rom files then says: " Error:Cant load 000-lo.lo (e09e253c) ". Please help cuz I really wanna play this game. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I also tried the s1954 method but the rom never even showed up on the screen. I still have files for both methods, (split and doubled). help please!