SvC Plus on Kawa-X (xbox emu)

N3oGhost

hm. that is a little more clear.

in that case, i don't need emule at all, but now i don't know why i can't DL that kawa-x plus pack completely. it always says it's done before it is, and always before it gives me the only thing i needed: the svc PandM roms. i've tried three different houses with other friends, and no one can DL it completely.

for the record, i had split the P1 rom myself over a dozen times (with a P1p at 1,024 kb, and a P2p at 5,120) but the P2p freezes during the load. i gave up on it since it was available elsewhere, but for me, it's STILL not available. the link don't work for me. maybe if even that were seperated a little simpler, i could complete my DL. for a guy on dial-up, 3 Mb's are a lot easier than 10.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hm. that is a little more clear.

in that case, i don't need emule at all, but now i don't know why i can't DL that kawa-x plus pack completely. it always says it's done before it is, and always before it gives me the only thing i needed: the svc PandM roms. i've tried three different houses with other friends, and no one can DL it completely.

for the record, i had split the P1 rom myself over a dozen times (with a P1p at 1,024 kb, and a P2p at 5,120) but the P2p freezes during the load. i gave up on it since it was available elsewhere, but for me, it's STILL not available. the link don't work for me. maybe if even that were seperated a little simpler, i could complete my DL. for a guy on dial-up, 3 Mb's are a lot easier than 10.

have you tried a download client like Flashget or something like that, so you can resume your broken downloads?

*** UPDATE *** -:- December 3, 2003

Has Been Updated!

What's New?

Metal Slug 4 Intro Patch

FileSize: 62KB

What's Coming?

Seperate Downloads From The Package File Instead

NOTE: If you are constantly getting incomplete downloads. Please download FlashGet @ This Link so you will get a full download since Internet Explorer has a tendency to do that.

Edited by Prican25

How on earth do you people know what to edit in the.xbe file? i dont see any logic to it.

As far as HOW, there are several posts within this thread that explains that.

As to the logic, Gouki might have dug into that one earlier as well.

so do a little backtracking in this thread and you should get all the info you need.

How on earth do you people know what to edit in the.xbe file? i dont see any logic to it.

As far as HOW, there are several posts within this thread that explains that.

As to the logic, Gouki might have dug into that one earlier as well.

so do a little backtracking in this thread and you should get all the info you need.

I should have phrased my question a bti better.

i know what to edit in the xbe that has been explained.

but for example. gouki said he edited samurai showdown 2. how did he find the offset for that?

i can easily use kplus but i want to learn how this is all done myself. that is the issue here.

there has to be a way to find the offsets for whatever ame you want. it cant be blind luck. gouki, care to shed any light on this?

Edited by kaioshade

ok, now i am having major problems. I deleted the saves folder, and used kawax plus. i renamed all the roms as they were supposed to be. upon loading it the roms show up, but NONE of them load, even games like metal slug 3 and waku waku 7. nothing loads. i compared it to the screenshots multiple times, nothing at all. why would ALL of my roms fail?

edit* solved. still frustrating as hell. all it seemed to take was deleting the rompath.ini file and everything worked perfectly. i dont get it. then again its 6:am...

Edited by kaioshade

How did he find the offset for that ?

Open Kawa-x.dat with Clr Mame Pro or RomCenter to read the CRC of the rom you want to change the size (length).

Open Kawa-X default.xbe with a hex editor, click on "Find" & enter the CRC of the rom back to front (for exemple CRC : 12345678 becomes 78 56 34 12).

When you've found the CRC, you can notice the size of the rom is just before it, like in a Dat file for Nebula or Winkawaks.

Also, When you change size of a P, V or C rom, don't forget to change the size for the Rom Region.

:o Holy crap...last night around 12:30 pst i turned on kawa-x plus with svc on my real neogeo cab with xbox in it....it is 100% pixel for pixel exact same as a real arcade cart....im using all rel neo geo monitor and controlls....THANX a BILLION to everyone who helped get me to this happy place....

B) Ubber props to Prican25....