Aion Online

Paladins are pretty much tanks with magic aren't they?

I rather see them as primary melee damage dealers with some healing and undead-destroying spells. I don't mind the tanking job either but the main role should be as a frontline fighter with heavy armor and giant hammers and swords and magic should be holy-type only.

WoW at first had really crappy melee paladins but now it's ok. You can be a good healer, good tank or good damage dealer if you're specialized for it. Took them 3 years and I quit in frustration though.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not so bad that it's unplayable. In fact, there isn't really anything better out right now. Warhammer might outdo it, but with those content cuts, I wonder.

I'm currently playing Horde on the Akama server, and have some Alliance on Dalvengyr.

On topic, this game looks unimpressive. I'm not sure this could get any more generic. It talks of a fancy combat system, but I'm not sure whether it's any good, or even if it's actually unique.

It's not so bad that it's unplayable. In fact, there isn't really anything better out right now. Warhammer might outdo it, but with those content cuts, I wonder.

I'm currently playing Horde on the Akama server, and have some Alliance on Dalvengyr.

On topic, this game looks unimpressive. I'm not sure this could get any more generic. It talks of a fancy combat system, but I'm not sure whether it's any good, or even if it's actually unique.

There's some poor quality youtube vids around of the aerial combat from korean beta servers. You might get an idea off those but I wouldn't recommend it.

And I'm not sure WoW is the pinnacle of originality either when it comes to how generic it is.

There's some poor quality youtube vids around of the aerial combat from korean beta servers. You might get an idea off those but I wouldn't recommend it.

And I'm not sure WoW is the pinnacle of originality either when it comes to how generic it is.

Maybe not the pinnacle of originality, no, but basing it in the Warcraft universe automatically boosts it above something as generic looking as Aion Online. It's like AO isn't even attempting to make themselves look original, like they've accepted that MMOs in general are all the same in art and flavor anyway, so there's no point.

WoW has a unique art style. Not an especially good art style, but unique among fantasy MMOs. The story is pretty generic, but it's based off of Warcraft, so they can't deviate too much from the plot of 1990, when it had been done fewer times, and they only really needed a generic plot to throw behind another simple video game of the 90s. They also came up with the rage and energy systems, rather than every character running off of mana. At least, that was the first I had seen of them. The runic power system being used for the Death Knights looks unique as well, taking a new approach to the traditional "evil melee tank" class done so often in other MMOs.

Maybe not the pinnacle of originality, no, but basing it in the Warcraft universe automatically boosts it above something as generic looking as Aion Online. It's like AO isn't even attempting to make themselves look original, like they've accepted that MMOs in general are all the same in art and flavor anyway, so there's no point.

WoW has a unique art style. Not an especially good art style, but unique among fantasy MMOs. The story is pretty generic, but it's based off of Warcraft, so they can't deviate too much from the plot of 1990, when it had been done fewer times, and they only really needed a generic plot to throw behind another simple video game of the 90s. They also came up with the rage and energy systems, rather than every character running off of mana. At least, that was the first I had seen of them. The runic power system being used for the Death Knights looks unique as well, taking a new approach to the traditional "evil melee tank" class done so often in other MMOs.

Fair enough I'll give you all those points except one. Approximate Aion to any other MMO or regular RPG in terms of storyline.

Not to mention you Pallys still roll all over my hunter D:

You still play that crap?

On a private server. I'm planning to go back when Wrath comes out because, hey hey, their improving hunter pets (which I've been waiting since, I dunno, 2.3).

If I could go back and time use retarded shamans, I'd do it.