Elder Scrolls: oblivion

L.S.D

Need some honest opinion about this game.

Can't get a working copy here so thinking of getting original game for this. Is it really good?

The only knowledge I know about this game is it is a fps RPG?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your into western rpgs, or have played morrowind and enjoyed (it's basicly murrowwind on steroids). Get it.

One thing is for sure though, if you enjoy it, you will waste beyond 200+ hours on this game, and will be well worth the buy. However, if you don't enjoy it, it will collect dust, so much that you'll have to clean it up eventually.

I've only heard that the game is similar to those 4 you have mentioned, I can not say however from experience.

I say you wait for either BK, or (Gavin I think plays it as well), or K'dude, I think gryph has tried all those 4 you've mentioned and oblivion as well.

I love Oblivion. it is very western/D&D based. it's alittle dumbed down from Morrowind. I suggest you find a copy of morrowind for PC and give that a try first. it should be easy enough to find. ;)

then if you like morrowind you know you will like oblivion. but if you start playing morrowind you may forget all about oblivion and just keep playing that. Morrowind is a top tier wRPG for sure.

edit: w00t that was my 3500th post!

If you can get the Game of the Year edition then get that one. It includes the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine expansion packs. You will still miss out on 4-5 other small expansions if you don't want to go on Live and spend the money on the DLC, though these can be very useful for levelling up, but you could do without them. GOTY Edition is harder to get so it will be a bit more expensive but worth the extra, assuming you enjoy Oblivion in the first place. Also you can switch between 3rd and 1st person at the click of a stick. I prefer to 'see' the character myself, so it's a welcome option.

If you do get into it then you must visit the UESPWiki page. They also cover all the previous games in obscene depth too.

Edited by gavin19

I've only heard that the game is similar to those 4 you have mentioned, I can not say however from experience.

I say you wait for either BK, or (Gavin I think plays it as well), or K'dude, I think gryph has tried all those 4 you've mentioned and oblivion as well.

I actually have never played any of the Elder Scrolls series. I probably should have... never played any Forgotten Realms stuff either. Now I feel embarrassed, considering how much I trash Jap RPGs.

Oblivion is good, but since this is the 360 version, I can't really say other than it's free achivement points. The PC version is where it's at where mods severaly improve the gimped gaming experience.

IMO it ain't realitively close to the D&D Universe at all (maybe Mystara to a degree). As for Forgotten Realms, well, they've butchered and maimed the fluff of it within the last 15 years. Damn you Wizards of the Coast.