Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for xbox 360

Getting worked up about which console the game will be better on is laughable. Just pick whichever version you like, for the console you like. Let the retarded warmongers say what they want.

It's true that from the diehard FF fans' point of view, porting something like FFXIII is sacrilege, but at least a port would [probably] give the X360 better coverage in Japan; something that the console direly needs. And we all know how much resources Microsoft pools into games and marketing for the japanese consumers. How well these tactics are faring is anyone's guess.

The X360 and the PS3 are more or less on the same line graphically, with the X360 making better use of it's internal image scaler/processor, something which has (and still is, apparently) been the hot potato in the multi platform game comparisons.

You're right about it all except FFXIII isn't being released on the 360 in japan. Don't ask me why...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

them be fighting words.

hitting too close to home?

Getting worked up about which console the game will be better on is laughable. Just pick whichever version you like, for the console you like. Let the retarded warmongers say what they want.

It's true that from the diehard FF fans' point of view, porting something like FFXIII is sacrilege, but at least a port would [probably] give the X360 better coverage in Japan; something that the console direly needs. And we all know how much resources Microsoft pools into games and marketing for the japanese consumers. How well these tactics are faring is anyone's guess.

The X360 and the PS3 are more or less on the same line graphically, with the X360 making better use of it's internal image scaler/processor, something which has (and still is, apparently) been the hot potato in the multi platform game comparisons.

You're right about it all except FFXIII isn't being released on the 360 in japan. Don't ask me why...

Ah, you're right. I missed that part earlier in this thread. Looks to be another case of "The japanese want their FF on a Sony console and since the US and Europe are more geared towards the X360, we're giving the port to them".

Or something along those lines.

I feel kinda sad, all this is gonna do is make a whole other group of gamers who may have been spared mindless FFtards........

I second the motion that FF games are far-overhyped. They go by the quantity over quality approach; IE pour obscene amounts of money into the production to make sure the game is long and has awesome FMVs, if little else.

With the exception of FFVIII, the stories are pretty bad, and not counting VI, VII and X, are plain horrible. They are chores to wade through, broken up by random encounters and cheesy dialogue.

I feel kinda sad, all this is gonna do is make a whole other group of gamers who may have been spared mindless FFtards........

I second the motion that FF games are far-overhyped. They go by the quantity over quality approach; IE pour obscene amounts of money into the production to make sure the game is long and has awesome FMVs, if little else.

With the exception of FFVIII, the stories are pretty bad, and not counting VI, VII and X, are plain horrible. They are chores to wade through, broken up by random encounters and cheesy dialogue.

Your argument doesn't hold a candle against the old ones like 2,4,5 and 6. Those simply had superb storylines and you cannot argue against that. I haven't played 7 at all and just a bit of 8 so I can't comment on the rest, but the old school ones were the best.

Old school Final Fantasys > New school Fantasys. Just because 7 is overrated doesn't mean it's good by any means.