Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for xbox 360

there is no reason for it to look worse on the ps3 since it's being made to work on it first. people need to realize just how powerful the ps3 is.

We do know how powerful it is. And on paper, it dominates the 360 in one area, computing. No where else, it can crunch numbers better, not faster (since they both run at the same clock speed of a 3.2GHz) then the 360. Beyond the real difference in rendering platforms, they are very much alike in every way.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm calling who cares which system's graphics look better?

People who shell out the same price should get the same product.

And I hate anyone who comes to a gaming board with that 'it's all about the gameplay' attitude. Graphics matter, else how the hell do you justify the price of consoles, let alone that 1Gb GX2 that is always sold out when I turn up at MSY?

And I hate anyone who comes to a gaming board with that 'it's all about the gameplay' attitude. Graphics matter, else how the hell do you justify the price of consoles, let alone that 1Gb GX2 that is always sold out when I turn up at MSY?

I can only justify the price of new hardware because software developers use only the latest and best when developing. If developers today used the hardware of yesterday, then I'd gladly not pay the extra hundreds of dollars for today's graphics.

They still make PS2 games. It still gets its share of the multiplatformers and Persona 4 just came out. Starcraft II likely won't use the latest PC tech either, just as examples. And there are still a million and one Korean MMOs to play that use archaic technology.

Point is when you buy a next gen machine you're choosing to buy into the latest tech and latest graphics- you're not forced into it. And you have a right to be demanding about those things for that reason.

That's true, mostly. Except a lot of other people have already bought into it, so now the current hardware is the standard and people aren't going to stop developing for it. I could start a campaign for boycotting future hardware, but I don't think anyone would follow me. Kind of how no one is going to follow that American who thinks he's Japanese.

On a side note, I had no idea of Persona 4 or any other new PS2 games, and I have a lot of respect for Blizzard for stepping back a bit on their hardware requirements.

The PS3 and the 360 don't have much differences in multi-platform games when it comes to graphics, even if either one of the systems has better graphics with Final Fantasy XIII than the other, it isn't a major issue. The graphical gap between the PS3 and the 360 isn't as large as the PSX and the PS2, they're basically on the same path when it comes the graphics and the small graphical difference isn't worth debating over.

I believe the experience will overall be better on the PS3, it is being made for it first after all. Crystal tools sounds like a decent engine and tool set, very diverse. To be honest, the only difference between the two in my opinion will be no disc swapping on the PS3 and disc swapping on the 360.

I believe the experience will overall be better on the PS3, it is being made for it first after all. Crystal tools sounds like a decent engine and tool set, very diverse. To be honest, the only difference between the two in my opinion will be no disc swapping on the PS3 and disc swapping on the 360.

Disc swapping three or four times will really be a hassle.