Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for xbox 360

MGS1 was also released on PC, they could just use PC footage instead of PSX. Blu-Ray doesn't have to be, since it's leading prefered media format, anything Sony would have to be removed, Apple products maybe removed, but don't have to be (iPod would probably get the boot, but the Mac Book probably wouldn't).

I played the game and I just debunked about 4 outta 6 of those. It's a great game, but why does it look ugly is beyond me D:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only MGS4 and GT5 not going to be ported to X360, I can live with it. Missing out on the final chapter of Snake's life which have the chance to come on a PC is not world-ending.

MGS1 was also released on PC, they could just use PC footage instead of PSX. Blu-Ray doesn't have to be, since it's leading prefered media format, anything Sony would have to be removed, Apple products maybe removed, but don't have to be (iPod would probably get the boot, but the Mac Book probably wouldn't).

I played the game and I just debunked about 4 outta 6 of those. It's a great game, but why does it look ugly is beyond me D:

Not PSX footage, but part of the actual PSOne game is in MGS4 to play. And if you're talking about footage, then MGS3 footage is in it as well. Also, tons of music from past games and PS2 exclusive games are in MGS4. ZOE anyone?

lol. Xbox has official ipod support. so I see no problem there. the game is wack as hell anyways so I don't see the need to port cutscene solid over.

FFXIII is a nice little slap in the face though. I've said it before and I'll say it again. the only thing that will remain exclusive on either side are first and second party titles. it just costs to much to make and market a game these days to get all your money back+profits on one console.

Not PSX footage, but part of the actual PSOne game is in MGS4 to play. And if you're talking about footage, then MGS3 footage is in it as well. Also, tons of music from past games and PS2 exclusive games are in MGS4. ZOE anyone?

How much of this is actually integral to the game though? Could the occasional cut-scene from previous games not just be replaced by old new ones? As far as the music goes, surely the rights are owned by Konami and not Sony? Seems strange that Konami would deliberately sabotage any chance of a port. I mean like MGS2-style, a year or so later. I don't care about MGS4, just curious :P

it just costs to much to make and market a game these days to get all your money back+profits on one console.

Yeah, surely any of these third party titles that runs into massive production costs will eventually be ported. I can't see any of these companies sacrificing profit for the sake of remaining exclusive to one particular console. Unless they are tied in to a rock-solid agreement, in which case it makes no sense to make a game they know will likely not sell enough to make a profit.

I'm curious about FFXIII being US/EU only. IIRC Lost Odyssey's US/EU sales only accounted for something like a third of the total. Will it really garner enough sales from those regions to be profitable?

Edited by gavin19

I'm curious about FFXIII being US/EU only. IIRC Lost Odyssey's US/EU sales only accounted for something like a third of the total. Will it really garner enough sales from those regions to be profitable?

I think the port itself is a means to make FFXIII as a whole profitable since only a fraction of PS3 owners are outside Japan and since the 360 runs rampant everywhere else as well.