Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for xbox 360

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still like pie.

Oh and Japan will like FF and pie forever it seems.

It's funny how everyone can easily point the finger at the only 2 PS3 supporters in this forum. Makes me sad it does.

Edited by Gouken

This is a shock, I mean.. a simultaneous release? Wtf? I was sure the PS3 was doing better in Japan than that.

Oh well, this could be the nudge Namco needs to bring over Tekken 6, and if MGS4 crosses the fence at some point too the PS3 just lost a whole lot of its sway. Dayam.

Has there ever been one good RPG that has been multi-platform?

PC doesn't count.

Eternal Sonata? Maybe I'm biased because I'm enjoying it right now. OK it's no Chrono Trigger but it's still 'good'.

To be honest, all that I can think of Diablo 1, since that came out on PSX and PC. But I don't think D1 sold well enough on PSX (I don't got figures to back it up).

So far in gaming history there has never been a situation like this. 2 machines that can run the same games having equal market share.

The closest comparison would be the Mega Drive and SNES, but there was really no way you could port a SNES game in development to the Mega Drive- the hardware was too different.

Both Eternal Sonata and Diablo were ported to a second system after the fact. In the case of Diablo, the port was handled externally too. They weren't developed as multi-platform games.

Oh and Japan will like FF and pie forever it seems.

That's another thing about losing the FF exclusivity, it'll give the 360 a much needed boost in the Japanese market.

The reason why I said that is because it's already been confirmed that FFXIII is being released on the 360 ONLY in North America and Europe.

This may change though. I'm upset but what is the point in crying about it? I'm sure 360 fanboy's were upset when a lot of their games went multi-platform, but they survived.

Edited by Gouken