360 Price Drop

However, the price cut isn't as straightforward a story as had been assumed. In a move reminiscent of Sony's discounting and then discontinuing of the 60GB PlayStation 3 at last year's E3 Media & Business Summit, the $299 price point will only be in effect while supplies last. That's because Microsoft is phasing out the 20GB 360 and replacing it with a long-rumored new model with a 60GB hard drive. The 60GB 360 will go on sale in "early August" at the 20GB's former $349 price point.

Took that one right out of the PS3's Book.

until the time comes that you are able to burn or ftp your 360 games to the harddrive then i will be sticking with my 20gb hdd.

how much is the new 60bg hdd going to be?

until the time comes that you are able to burn or ftp your 360 games to the harddrive then i will be sticking with my 20gb hdd.

how much is the new 60bg hdd going to be?

Even if you could play games off the hdd you would be much better off with an Elite with it's 120GB drive. A 60GB drive is only going to allow for 9-10 games max. You could get Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata on a 60GB and that would be it!. It would be good though for streaming games.

Took that one right out of the PS3's Book.

You say that like it's a good thing. At least if they're going to plagiarize something, they should at least make sure it's a good idea in the first place.

Edited by gavin19

9-10 games would be more than enough for me anyway,its just to save the laser a lot of work.as for 120gig,i wouldnt need that size of hdd.

now if emulation became reality on the 360,then i would consider a 120gig drive but until then nah...